• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Three wheeler on the ice

HeviShot

I just picked up a three wheeler that weighs around 300lbs. Im hoping this machine will go safely over thinner ice. Anyone here with a three wheeler have a recomendation on ice thickness? Also do these things get any traction through a little snow and ice?

Thanks, Robert

get some chains for it if you can find the right size otherwise if you do go through the ice the wheeler will float. Generally 3 wheelers are limited on how much snow they can go through and pull at the same time but I do like to have the option for lighter mobility.

mr

I use a Honda 200S three wheeler for fishing. I grew up on these things and still love them. I'm not as brave as some guys so i need 5+ inches of ice to walk on and 8+ inches of ice for the three wheeler. Up to 6" of snow is ok chains do help a lot if your pulling a sled or portable.