• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

otter hyfax kit?

remington 300

Mine came pre drilled and all hardware. My sled is the magnum, and needed a extra set of hands for at least the inside 1 or 2 runners. They fit into the grove (on the front side) and bend down. Maybe a little tap with a hammer. The first bolts around the bend are a little tuff, but manageable. my 10 year old otter should now last a extra long time now.

I have done about every sized tub by myself.

I believe the trick to keeping the bolts in the hyfax while you turn the tub over to put the nuts on is to use a drill bit one size smaller. The screws will tap through the hyfax and the tub and hold pretty good.

I believe I have done 20 portables with the hyfax and really had no issues when I started to use a smaller drill bit.

Best to start up front and work to the back.

A couple tips to make an easier install on the Otter. Use a hairdryer to warm up the pocket the hyfax goes into, it will make insertion much easier. Also use a drill bit 1/32" smaller in diameter than the screw, I used a 5/32" drill bit, it will help hold the hyfax down while you're installing the washer and nut. Also use the hairdryer to warmup the hyfax when going around the curve of the sled.

thanks for all the great info guys,and to shack, for takin the time to post the video, the smaller drill bit is a great idea.

Another problem solved/made easier by the great support staff here at HSO.

this site rocks,

thanks again and bring on the ice!

mike.