• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How did your Deer season go?

How did your season go? It was horrible in Zone 9. 2nd year in a row with no deer sighted. Plenty of sign just completely nocturnal and fewer hunters in the woods doing drives. I noticed Bowhunting pressure was less then other years while I was up grouse hunting and scouting. Post how you did?

Mwal

Well it was another bad season for my group in 67B. I didn't see a single deer until Thursday, which all 5 of them were 1 1/2 old deer...Needless to say I wasn't thrilled and have no venison to show for it. It's like the last week before opener they just disappeared and went on the night schedule. Was seeing deer every morning/night during bow season up until that last week. I don't know..Get's frustrating when you think back to the older days when you couldn't keep track of your numbers.

We seen great numbers of deer opening morning and then 1 here and there the rest of season. They switched nocturnal real quick when the gun shots started. Between 5 guys we ended up with a 150-155 class 8 point, a 160-170 10 point, a basket 6, and a couple does, all by about 10:30 opener morning. By far the 2 biggest bucks taken off the property!! They were still heavy in the rut which we attribute to these big boys not hiding in the swamps but running around in fairly open timber. Our swap was also flooded and un-frozen eliminating alot of hiding cover. Both big deer came from adjacent properties tailing does. Plenty of nubbin bucks which i was glad to see!! Sorry to hear about the no deer sitings. I have had plenty of sits with no deer near in recent years. Kinda makes you wonder if poaching is more prevelent due to the slow economy, free meat in some peoples eyes.

A bit late but....saw a dandy opener but a bad angle and he was out over 200 yards when I saw him and going away by the time I got the gun up. A few little guys and a borderline 8 during the week. Got a big old doe on a drive the last Sat and my dad got a nice 8 Sunday. Overall reports were not a lot of deer seen in general but as always some brutes. Most bucks taken in the area that I can remember in a long time. We'll see how next year goes with all this snow.