• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you think of the Humminbird ICE 345 ci Sonar?

Oaktree

I'm going to buy a new flasher this year I'm looking at the Humminbird ICE 345 ci Sonar, the Hummingbird ice 35, and the FL-8. I know the FL-8 is rock solid but the Hummingbirds has more options. What about the new Hummingbirds with the LCD screens?

I don't have any personal experience with the HB's but I have a Lowrance X67 icemachine. I hate it with a passion when I'm fishing with other people. It almost never reads bottom, the interference is so bad its a joke even after all the adjustments made. I'd stick to the traditional flasher, I love my LX5. Good Luck!

I don't have any personal experience with the HB's but I have a Lowrance X67 icemachine. I hate it with a passion when I'm fishing with other people. It almost never reads bottom, the interference is so bad its a joke even after all the adjustments made. I'd stick to the traditional flasher, I love my LX5. Good Luck!

Uh Oh I just ordered an FL-20 for me and the wife is going to use my x67. She would rather drop it in the hole than have to keep f'ing around with it. I thought that the X67 had interference rejection settings?

Adam

Flashers have many more levels of interference rejection and typically do a better job of getting rid of interference when you're fishing around multiple units.

I haven't used the Ice 345ci yet, other than playing around with them a bit, but they sure look like nice bright units. Personally I'd have a hard time not going with a flashr though, it's just what I'm used to and what I like using.

I have the lowrance 334 ice machine and love the chart view over the flasher view. In my mind it reads a lot closer to the way I think about the underwater world.

Two things to keep in mind:

GPS drains batteries

Yes, interference can be a pain to deal with

I love my finder and have no real desire to get another one (although I am looking for an older used flasher for back-up/company). I think they are great units, but when I have to fish in the same shack as my buddy who has his LX-5 it stinks big time.

If you want to use the finder on your boat too, then it makes a lot of sense; but if you are looking for an ice only unit I would probably lean towards a flasher.

I bought a 345c (same as 345ci but with out gps) last year. I bought the 345c because i can use it both in winter for ice fishing and in my boat during summer. I purchased my gps seperately (garmin nuvi 500).

I used the 345c a few times while fishing near multiple vexilars and did have some interferance, but it was no more then the vexilars were getting also. The battery seemed to last longer with the lcd screen then the batteries lasted for those who had a vexilar so thats a plus. It shows the depth in the middle of the flasher circle like the higher end humminbird flasher do which is nice. I had no problem seeing a small jig in 25-30' of water, i have not had a chance to use it in deeper water. In winter i do not use the chart view, also I do most of my fishing in a nice warm ice house so im not sure how the unit would do if your fishing outside in colder temps

Over all i would say its a good unit and does everything i expected it to do when i bought it. My advise though would be if your going to be using this 100% for ice fishing to just stick with a regular flasher (fl8, ice35 ect..)