• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua-Vu Video Cable?

Nordern

I just picked up an Aqua-Vu Scout and was wondering where I can get the video cable that will go from the video out on the camera to the cable style wall outlet in my wheelhouse? The cable will need different style ends. Thanks for the help.

You have to plug it into the aux inputs of a tv not the cable type connector. You know the red yellow and white rca type connectors (same type as on the aquaview out). you only need to plug the video in not the audio right and left so you will only use the yellow input. You will then have to set the tv to video input instead of antenna. If you want to go from the video to RG6(cable type)type connector you would need a converter box to convert it to a cable output.

The connector on the left would be a rca type connector the one on the right a RG6 type. The singnal that each are meant for are totally different. The connector on the left only carries video. No audio. The one on the right carrier audio and video. They are not compatible unless you get a converter of some sort.

Forget about the wall outlet on your house. Connect directly from the aquaview to the TV via the RCA type yellow connector. Your TV will need to have this type of connector on it. Most Tv's made in the last 10-20 years have them

If your TV has a USB input, the you can also go from a the camera RCA to the end use USB port.

This will also work for a laptop.

Otherwise a RCA video single cable will do the trick on most TV's.

I'm sure there is would a RCA to coaxial cable adapter to be found at your local Radio Shack too.

COFR01.jpg $0.95 Cents on line.

Try Summit Source dot com once.

Ed, thank you also for the advise. Since I have coaxial cable running through the shack already I thought I might as well use it rather than stringing a long cable from the Aqua-Vu to the TV. Is this the adapter you were telling me about:

full-678-3865-rcaadapter.jpg

Ed, thank you also for the advise. Since I have coaxial cable running through the shack already I thought I might as well use it rather than stringing a long cable from the Aqua-Vu to the TV. Is this the adapter you were telling me about:

That might work.