• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheres the blackpowder pics

Archerysniper. I think you need to change your handle to MuzzySniper with the changing tactics. 140 yd. shot is quite a poke! Nice job!

Love this time of year! Only problem I have is you can't leave em' hang to cure too long or they freeze solid! Planning on putting down a doe later this week. It should be good with the falling temps!

Archerysniper. I think you need to change your handle to MuzzySniper with the changing tactics. 140 yd. shot is quite a poke! Nice job!

Love this time of year! Only problem I have is you can't leave em' hang to cure too long or they freeze solid! Planning on putting down a doe later this week. It should be good with the falling temps!

Thanks Canopy and yes it's a challenge I quartered my 2 so I can bring them in and thaw them out my dad shot his during the week and I didn't have time to skin or quarter them so now I have 2 deer cicles in the pole barn.

I was out yesterday morning. The deer were heading for cover at 1st light but a nice doe came ambling by at 15 yards, so she is now in the freezer. Went out again in the afternoon. I saw 8 but didn't get any shots. Either too brushy or too far away. A buddy with me also saw 7. Took a long poke at one but missed. I might be done deer hunting for the year.

Had a chance at a nice doe on Friday afternoon before the storm. I was on the ground and we were only 35 yards apart. Unfortunately this White Pine was 32 yards away. I was so focused on her that I guess I overlooked the tree. eek Happens to everyone at some point right?

Followed her tracks in the snow for a long way just to make sure it was a clean miss, and I am confidant that it was. No harm done. But that will be the last of the deer hunting for me this season. Not exactly the way I wanted to end the year, but there will be more chances.

muzzyshot.jpg

All done deer hunting. Muzzleloader was great, nice and quiet, wish I would have seen some deer. Still lots of tracks out there, but must be a lot of nocturnal movement. Saturday morning I made it out to the stand, there was a slight break in the snow. Kicked out multiple deer on the way out. Neve saw a deer during shooting hours. Snow started to come down in sheets around 8:00 am. Around 8:30 I started thinking about how I was going to get home, I hadn't heard a plow go by and the roads were crappy on the way down. I bailed shortly after. Saturday evening into Sunday, below 0 temps, 30-40 mph winds. I stayed home and plowed my driveway.

I recieved permission from my old neighbor out in the country where I use to live to hunt his land by a woods and a big swamp.

I went out the day before the season opened and checked it all out and it looked good with 2 big trails heading to and from their bedding area.

I went out opening day around noon and when I got close to my syand, I saw numerous tracks through the woods I was hunting. I was the only one with permission.

After going out to the woods 3 times and all 3 times seeing fresh tracks, I said the heck with it as too many trespassers were in the area before I got there.

With 4 days left in the ML season, a buddy of mi8ne asked how the season was going for me and I told him I quit as I did not want to deal with the trespassers as it upsets me when I am the only one that asked or was suppose to be out there.

Well, he asked if I would like to go out the next morning on some land he had persmission to hunt.

It was-13 and he told me where to sit and where the stand was.

In the next 2 hours, I saw many doe's, 1 buck I could not get a clean shot at and numerous turkey.

I shot a doe and the season ended very well thanks to a good friend.

December 12th, 8:00AM sharp, 6 does and fawns and 1 shooter, the shooter got shot, 9pts. 182 on the scale, 3.5 year old seems likely, -8 and a -23 wind chill, previous 17 hunts saw 0 nada, zilch, have never validated a tag in December before and on the last day of Muzzy which landed on my deceased uncles birthday, looked down and noticed I was wearing his boots, my only possession of his that I have, fate/destiny. That was the only muzzy day I wore his Lacrosse's, a guy almost gets the feeling that he steered them my way, 17 deerless hunts, wowzer. Pics are on wifes digital and I'm 3 hours away at present time, will post when the opportunity knocks.

Reading Lou's end of Muzzy report no wonder there weren't too many last wkd pictures as 12, 1 dozen deer were registered, the weather kinda shut many areas down. Last few weeks of bow could be good really, deer are really herding up and it's way obvious where they are eating now, good luck if you're still lacing them up.

It was absolutely PRIME muzzy hunting the last weekend! It was the exact opposite of shut down! Everything was wide open! We got 3 of those 12 deer registered. Best part was that it finally was nice and quiet in the woods with no hunter competition like the rest of the quasi rifle season we now call muzzy season. Even the muzzy road hunters that were cruising around us on friday were finally gone sat & sun. Good ice and too cold to be out except in a fish house for them. It was a taste of the way Muzzy used to be when we started. Someone else was out that weekend as I talked to a landowner who says he had a muzzy hunter trespass and shot a deer on his land. That was a non issue in the old muzzy season. You could readily get access just about any place you asked. Deer we got were not in the best body fat condition. Old man winter might change all our deer season regs for next year in this part of the state. Doe permits back in full force. Bucks were shedding antlers that last weekend big time! Hopefully DNR will consider bringing back letting those who muzzy only have an either sex tag if they are willing to give up the regular firearms season. Last year only 3% of muzzy hunters got an antlered buck of any kind.

lakevet

sorry I'm not good with computers so i'm not sure how to post pics so hope it works. but i got a nice 10 point secound weekend of ml .One antler fell off when it crashed but found it. It's a hard season most deer are shot or scared to move full-11414-4627-image12052010184530.jpg

/Users/tericarter-sauer/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Dec 5, 2010_2/Image12052010184530.jpg