• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pictures of you snowmobile!

Righty

21 minutes ago, Hoey said:

IMG_3317.thumb.JPG.1089180f6c8778b18cdca

That looks like a sweet up!

Why did you put the auger up so high? Doesn't that block your view a bit? I hope it never comes loose at speed or you maybe wearing it right after it rips through the wind shield! :(

14 hours ago, leech~~ said:

That looks like a sweet up!

Why did you put the auger up so high? Doesn't that block your view a bit? I hope it never comes loose at speed or you maybe wearing it right after it rips through the wind shield! :(

Just a guess, but so the headlight is useful.

2 hours ago, creepworm said:

Just a guess, but so the headlight is useful.

That's a good point but if it was mounted low off the front bumper the light and view would still be good.

It's still a nice looking setup.

Just a few examples. I wouldn't change it now though.  Have fun.

jason1712web.jpg

20150110_083617.jpg

15 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Why did you put the auger up so high? Doesn't that block your view a bit? I hope it never comes loose at speed or you maybe wearing it right after it rips through the wind shield!

I purchased this unit used and along with the auger setup, so this is not my design.  It does work though, no complaints here. This design allows the hood to be lifted, provides clear visibility to the area around the skis, it does not interfere with the headlight, and does not interfere with riding visibility,  The only change I'd make would allow the hood to be opened fully and stay open.  Right now I use a bungee to hold it open for inspections and service.  

The auger has come off once.  With it being in front, their is no way not to not notice it.  In this case the bolt that secures the power head to the auger shaft worked loose and came out.   The power head fell off to the side and the auger just hung there.  My pre-deployment checklist now includes checking this bolt.  

Good questions.   Here is another view.

IMG_3101-1.jpg.5bdd4ef48c2b73ade5543173d

1 hour ago, Hoey said:

Here is another view.

IMG_3101-1.jpg.5bdd4ef48c2b73ade5543173d

Great!  So what are you doing tomorrow? I'm heading out at 4:30am for just a one day up & back to hit Pelican in Brainerd for the last Walleye weekend. :)

IMG_1647.JPG

Edited by leech~~

Only time I have ever been stuck pulling my alumalite was this year. I stopped  in deep slush and tried fishing not a good idea. Had to use a stretch rope to get  the  fish house out.  Never have been stuck with the widetrack yet. The fish house pulls great in soft snow.  About the deepest powder snow I have been in is about 20 inches still could go 50 mph easily. Deep slush it pulls harder. Should have studs in the sled helps to get going on bare ice  but I sell my widetrack every year so I don't bother with studs.

5 hours ago, huntercj said:

Only time I have ever been stuck pulling my alumalite was this year. I stopped  in deep slush and tried fishing not a good idea. Had to use a stretch rope to get  the  fish house out.  Never have been stuck with the widetrack yet. The fish house pulls great in soft snow.  About the deepest powder snow I have been in is about 20 inches still could go 50 mph easily. Deep slush it pulls harder. Should have studs in the sled helps to get going on bare ice  but I sell my widetrack every year so I don't bother with studs.

When in deep snow have you ever tried making a big circle first then parking on you track before stopping to fish? That is what we do on some of the Trout lakes to help us get going again and to see how much slush maybe there first.

Yea I will do a circle if I am unsure. The time I got stuck was early ice. I knew there was some slush, after drilling holes and fishing for a couple of hours it was really flooded. It wasn't to big of a issue I carry a 30 foot  tow strap. I just hooked strap on the fish house and gave it a couple of jerks and  had the fish house out of  the slush.

We're hard core ice nuts, we get way back in the bush in NW Ontario. Lakes normally have any were from 5" to 17" of slush depending on the year and snow conditions. We need the bigger hp and winches to get around safely.

you will see there's nothing sticking out to far front on the sleds to keep you from hanging up on ice layers as you break through. 

Our reward for doing all this is big fish, some of the time.

stay safe and have fun fishing.

Dave

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

15 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Quitter!

not me...my wife. keeping my sled. after having both knees replaced, and both hips, with one hip twice within 2 weeks due to a MRSA infection, she has no desire to sled again!!!!!!!!!:(