• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nice buck (everyone post your LIVE buck pics here)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an update, both the backyard bucks pictured early in this thread just visited the mineral/salt/apple block and the corn feeders in the back yard. Too dark for photos, but both racks were intact. I'm hoping they get into the habit of at least coming for the apple block during next year's antler growing season. Food around the edges of town is plentiful and good, so I figured I'd add a few antler-building minerals to the mix, too.

Brooky, those are all great shots. Did that one shed his antler right there during that match? Pretty cool if he did. Never heard of anyone actually seeing one lose an antler.

I also have a question for you guys out there. Have you ever seen anything like the two pictures below. This doe walked up to the buck and stood there and massaged her head on his horns. I watched them do this for about 5 minutes. He just stood there and held his horns still and she rubbed away. Kind of strange but very cool.

full-19448-4856-img_0116.jpg

full-19448-4857-img_0118.jpg

I gotto watch a buck drop oneof his horns a few weeks ago,

was on way into where I was huntingand saw nice buck bedded off road, (the one I was hunting) got him o video and noticed he had dropped on side. AsI was watching him noticed the shed laying next to him, so I ge out walk towards him and he finally gets up as I get close two bouns and the other side pops off!