Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Steve Foss

Nice buck (everyone post your LIVE buck pics here)

This is what you get when you live up against the woods and feed birds. gringrin

Go ahead, folks, and piggyback on this thread with some nice live buck pics. I bet we can get quite a gallery going before long. smile

big-bucky.jpg

deformed.jpg

What a NEAT buck...... hopefully he survives the muzzleloaders and archers... would be neat to see if that one tine grows like that another year..... super neat deer and great pics too!!

Yeah, I think he got a big bump on the antler while in velvet. Interesting how massive that one brow tine is, as well as its position relative to the main beam. Sure hope I can see him again next year to find out how it looks then. These deer aren't hunted. Their territory is within the city limits, where no bows or guns are allowed to be shot.

Here's the guy whose shed antler I found last spring. He's put on quite a few inches. He came in about an hour ago. Can't wait to see him next year, but meanwhile I'll start looking for these sheds in another month or two.

chewing.jpg

8-pointer.jpg

Methinks the cops would be knocking on my door a few minutes after I put a cap in Mr. Bucky here, me being inside the city limts. gringrin

Although the guy who had the house before me said he and his son used to bowhunt right in the rear of the back yard (illegal to shoot a bow in Ely, too). It IS a bit tempting. wink

BTW, at about the same time I was taking Bucky II's photos late this afternoon, my buddy saw a massive 12-pointer walking between the Pioneer Mine frame and Grand Ely Lodge. That's only a quarter mile from here, so maybe I'll have photos one of these days of Bucky III! gringrin

Hey, everyone, go ahead and post your own live buck shots here. Go raid your own archives. Let's get a big ole gallery going to hunters and non hunters alike can look in and drool over gorgeous buck deer! And they don't have to be trophies, either. They're all darn cool regardless of antler size. smile

Here's one of my faves from four years ago. Post rut 13-point buck with a cataract in his right eye. Definitely a seasoned warrior. smile

big-bucky-1.jpg

Video works great too. Moving pics are still pics. Thanks for adding it to the gallery. gringrin

Gotta love it. Late May/early June?

I didn't even realize this was a buck until I got the pic transferred to my PC. This was taken June 2, so he has a long ways to go before he's worth drooling over. smile

5242483029_574c9effa9_b.jpg

This was taken June 2, so he has a long ways to go before he's worth drooling over. smile

Really? I think a June velvet buck in a field of dame's rocket (or whatever that flower is) would get any nature photographer drooling. Wish we had those flowers up here in Ely. I'm jealous. gringrin