• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nice buck (everyone post your LIVE buck pics here)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think he got a big bump on the antler while in velvet. Interesting how massive that one brow tine is, as well as its position relative to the main beam. Sure hope I can see him again next year to find out how it looks then. These deer aren't hunted. Their territory is within the city limits, where no bows or guns are allowed to be shot.

Methinks the cops would be knocking on my door a few minutes after I put a cap in Mr. Bucky here, me being inside the city limts. gringrin

Although the guy who had the house before me said he and his son used to bowhunt right in the rear of the back yard (illegal to shoot a bow in Ely, too). It IS a bit tempting. wink

BTW, at about the same time I was taking Bucky II's photos late this afternoon, my buddy saw a massive 12-pointer walking between the Pioneer Mine frame and Grand Ely Lodge. That's only a quarter mile from here, so maybe I'll have photos one of these days of Bucky III! gringrin

Hey, everyone, go ahead and post your own live buck shots here. Go raid your own archives. Let's get a big ole gallery going to hunters and non hunters alike can look in and drool over gorgeous buck deer! And they don't have to be trophies, either. They're all darn cool regardless of antler size. smile

Here's one of my faves from four years ago. Post rut 13-point buck with a cataract in his right eye. Definitely a seasoned warrior. smile

big-bucky-1.jpg

This was taken June 2, so he has a long ways to go before he's worth drooling over. smile

Really? I think a June velvet buck in a field of dame's rocket (or whatever that flower is) would get any nature photographer drooling. Wish we had those flowers up here in Ely. I'm jealous. gringrin