• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Johnson/Finnegan fight

goblueM

what's folks takes on this? Personally I loved seeing Andre Johnson beating the you know what out of Finnegan. He's such a punk and totally had it coming

kinda surprised they didn't suspend either of them, particularly finnegan as he has a history of getting fined

Personally I would like to see a little more of this when watching the NFL, but since there are kids and stuff watching and learning they should do everything they can to avoid situations like this. They need to be setting a good example for younger players. We already have the gangster filled NBA. Would hate to see the NFL go in the toliet like they did.

I think if Johnson would have had 3-4 more seconds it would have gotten real ugly for Fighead. They should both be suspended for one game and fine 100k.

I agree with the rest of you. He is a punk and nothing would have made me happier than seeing him laid out by Johnson. I just can't understand what Finnegan was thinking, have you seen Andre Johnson, he is huge and could take on just about anyone without a problem.

I would have suspended Finnegan one game for the way he acted after it was over and the way he left the stadium. I felt Johnson's penalty was o.k.

That being said....I wish Johnson would have beaten the @##@ out of him and wiped that smirk off his face. I can't stand guys like that.

The fact that every sports outlet had the headline of "no suspension" is an indicator that most folks thought that it should have been a suspendable offense. Just because Johnson is a good guy, doesn't excuse him for getting into a fist fight on national TV. Finnegan is a little punk, who should have been suspended for instigating the fight. No matter what, the league is setting a bad precedence here. They are indirectly telling players that it is okay to get into fist fights, but a hard hit on a player is bad. It seems backwards.

They are indirectly telling players that it is okay to get into fist fights, but a hard hit on a player is bad. It seems backwards.

I agree. One hit to an unprotected melon by Johnson would do more damage than most hits guys are getting fined for. But still I have to say it was good to see it happen. Kudos to Johnson.

And what's up with Finnegan's hair? He looks like he belongs in a Batman movie more than he does on a football field.

That and the Texans and Eagles play each other Thursday night on the NFL Network. That game would be a huge bust without Andre and the league knows it.

Oh come on so your saying if he didnt play no one was going to watch that game i highly doubt that. If vick, johnson, foster, schub and jackson dont play no one will watch not one wide receiver

And what's up with Finnegan's hair? He looks like he belongs in a Batman movie more than he does on a football field.

That's exactly what I think every time I see him! Ha!

With the way the NFL handled this (inconsequential fines) it appears they are opening this up to NHL-type self regulation between players. Fine with me. There should be fighting in all sports, especially basketball which is horribly boring. Maybe then they'd get back to playing true BB instead of street ball.

Finnegan is 100% pure punk. I would have loved to have seen a couple more minutes and seen it turn into a good beating.

100% agree, it would have been great to see johnson whoop that [PoorWordUsage]!! It was good to see Andre not put up with Finnegans garbage and it would be good to see more of things like this in the NFL. Mr. Goodell is making the players into a bunch of pu@#ies with all the new rules! If Players can talk [PoorWordUsage] to others they should be ready to get what is comin to them! fighting in the NFL has been around since the league started and i would say it was much rougher in the earlier days than it is now!!

Oh come on so your saying if he didnt play no one was going to watch that game i highly doubt that. If vick, johnson, foster, schub and jackson dont play no one will watch not one wide receiver

No, what I'm saying is the Texans would not stand a chance to win that game without Andre, making it a lame game to watch, people like to watch competitive games.