Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
CLARK37

Taxidermist

I would not go to anyone but Jerry at Flyway Taxidermy. He is in St. Cloud. But worth the drive in my opinion. I really don't think you can find anyone else that would do a better job.

I would not go to anyone but Jerry at Flyway Taxidermy. He is in St. Cloud. But worth the drive in my opinion. I really don't think you can find anyone else that would do a better job.

+1.

Google his HSOforum. His showroom is unbelievable. Best there is by far....and considering he has world titles to his name, he's not overly expensive.

You could check out Ken Asproth as he is one of the very best bird guys out there. I believe he still does work and he lives on the north end of the cities.

I can second, or third the recommendation for Jerry at Flyway Taxidermy. I brought him a Goldeneye last weekend...he is 250 miles from my house, and after seeing his showroom and talking to him in person, I would go there again and again. Awesome guy to visit with and if you check the prices for top notch jobs, he is priced right!

Anyone have a good taxidermist around the twin cities??? Looking to get a couple mallards done. Thanks

Clark37 - if ur still looking for a good taxidermist, or anybody else for that manner. I've got a recommendation. If ur interested in who, price & turnaround time. Send me an email and I can let you know.

Mason27 at gmail dot com

+1 more for Flyway Taxidermy

If you want to get a good idea regarding the quality of someone's work you need to check out their customer work in person. A lot of folks post nice pics of their competition work on a HSOforum, it gets people thinking their prized birds will look the same, and they're disappointed when they get them back. Jerry's work is top notch and you can see plenty of customer work in his show room.

On the flip side people need to discuss the quality of their birds with the taxidermist. Even a great taxidermist can't turn a shot up bird with pin feathers into a masterpiece.

"On the flip side people need to discuss the quality of their birds with the taxidermist. Even a great taxidermist can't turn a shot up bird with pin feathers into a masterpiece."

EXACTLY............................

If the bird is bad enough I encourage them to consider waiting till they get a better bird otherwise a dead mount is a last resort......

Even then I confirm the position possibility when the birds thawed being most are frozen when they come in..

Thats where digital comes into play.