• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking to buy ATV

Patrick Sele

So I am looking to buy a ATV. I am not brand specific.. I will be using it to pull a ice house for early ice... Plowing the driveway... Hunting... I am thinking of a EFI... I don't need new but its hard to find a used machine.... I am curious to see what peoples opinions are on different machines.. TY

Haha.......its funny when this question comes up cause everyone thinks their machine is the best, including me! wink the best thing you can do is go ride all the different brands and come to a conclusion on your own, thats what i did. My whole thought process was ride them all except polaris cause i knew i wasn't going to buy one from past experiences.

I would say you should look for at least a 500CC machine and you probably don't need any bigger than a 650CC. I have a 650 kawasaki Brute Force V-Twin......it has no problem pushing my 60" plow, hauling the 7x12 fish house i used to have, an no problem keeping up with most 750cc and 800cc machines! Matter fact it leaves most in the dust!

Yamaha makes a great 700cc machine in the grizzly and they are mean looking.....CAN AM makes a great machine as well but are wayyy too expensive i think.....Kawasaki makes one of the most powerful V-TWIN motors on the market today in their Brute Force, that you will feel if you test drive one, and has a great ride!! Hondas are strong, reliable machines as well.

Have fun test driving and make sure to ride em like you stole em when you test drive!! wink

The one thing to think about when buying a 4 wheeler for pulling your house is you don't get the full power of the 4 wheeler to the ice. A 500 will pull pretty much the same as an 800 on ice. The only difference is typically the suspension which will depend on the weight of your fish house. If you have the ability to do this, it might be worth bringing your house with and see how much the fish house makes the wheeler squat. If the 500 doesn't squat too much, I would save the money and buy a 500. My 2 cents.

Just got me a Suzuki 500 kingquad, and that was after alot of time reaserching. They have/had .99% financing w/10 percent down, or 0% with 20. Their is a place in Osseo, he will get you a hell of a deal!! $1000 less than anyone around. Hondas are great also...cept you pay a lot more for the name...

All brands of wheelers have their up's and down's.

Depends what you want, we own 3 Polaris's and have absolutely ZERO complaints!

I do not pull a huge wheeled fishhouse with mine and would be lying if i knew how it handled, but does everything else and the ride for trail riding is 2nd to NONE.

Good luck on your choice and post pictures when you purchase the one.

Id go with with a 550 arctic cat. They make a stock model with hand warmers and a winch. Plus youd have the most ground clearence for driving on the lake. all you need is the plow. Ive owned 5 myself with only minor issues all covered under warranty. But like stated before theres a machine for everybody you just have to find the one that fits YOU.