• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO/FM Winter 2010/2011 Photography GTG

Hey guys and gals hopefully thanksgiving has treated you all well and everyone has full bellies now for a couple days. The last couple of weeks as the weather has been a changin' a GTG has been on my mind. Last year we had a decent turnout and it was nice to put some names with faces. I know I have read recently that at least one maybe more members here on this board will not be putting feeding stations out in the bog due in part to the problems that occurred last year. Is it a possibility we could still have an outing out there?? There obviously are many other places to met up as well. North shore state parks, around Ely is a beautiful area and you never know who may show their faces, ect. Just trying to start up a thread and see if there is interest and maybe throw out a few areas to go.

Not sure about dates as its tough around the holidays and I am finishing up my 5th and final year of college in Wisconsin so that restricts me some but if I cant the show will still go on without my presence. The best dates for me is between Christmas and New years.

I am always up for another gathering and dates aren't really a big issue with me. I am sure the bog will be just as good as any other year even with out some of the feeders. We may be in for a good winter finch season too. I have seen large flocks of them on my journeys.

Jeremy are you still shooting a 30D and if so do you have a battery grip? I have mine laying around along with two batteries. I'll give you a great deal on them if you want them.

Hey All - I just want to let all of you know that the photo GTG is a great day! As Jeremy said it was fun to put some faces to names we see here often and a great opportunity to learn from each other. I highly recommend it.

That being said, I'm not sure I can make it this year - a new grandbaby due sometime during the holidays, commitments to babysit and some travel in January, etc. (being retired is SO busy smile ).

Happy holidays to all of you - drive safely, enjoy the season!

Gosh dang! Looks like if the dates are the 8 or 9 I wont be able to make it up. I have to take a winter class to be able to graduate this spring. My time home is quite short and the only time I could make it up would be new years eve (Friday December 31) or Monday January 3. If I can't make it for the gtg, but I still want to come "up north" anyone have a little free time to go on a photo drive?