• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod/Gear Bag

bopper4

I am looking for a rod and gear bag that would be capable of holding a handful of rods, tackle, and my graph. I know Marcum made one a couple years ago that had room for everything as well as a stand. I have read that croxton has one but I cant find pics of anything. Any suggestions or pics out there?

I currently have the Otter rod box which has taken alot of abuse in my sled the last few years and has held up great. I am just looking for something I can store most of my gear in.

I've had the Croxton one for a couple of years now and I don't have too many complaints. I can put my X67, 2 tip ups, 6 rods, tackle, fold up sitting stool and lunch in there. It holds everything that I need for a day of fishing. It comes in pretty handy for the lakes that have a steep climb down to the ice and when I get to a lake I just put it on like a backpack and I'm gone.

There are a couple of things that I'm not crazy about; It doesn't take 36" rods very well and it doesn't stay upright on its own.

I got a Stone Legacy last year and I am amazed at how much it holds and how well it does it. That company is losing money by not making them. Maybe Thorne Bros should look into buying the rights to Stone Legacy(hint)?

Now that Stone Legacy don't offer store sales anymore other than custom ordering where can a guy still find them? And who now owns the rights to Stone Legacy?

Im sure they will be at the ice show again this year. I have a bunch of their bags. All my top end rods from big laker rods to lil panny rods have one.

I have a Marcum bag that fits the bill, but thay haven't been made for a couple years due to durability issues I believe. Stone Legacy's are very nice bags and are pretty reasonably priced for the quality. They had a pretty good deal on them at the show last year if you bought more than one.

Do an internet search for stone legacy and you will come up with the contact info.

No online orders direct from them, and apparently (as you found out smile ) the email listed is no longer current, but they have a toll free phone number, and they will take orders that way.

Also, I remember in years past that they would take custom rod case orders if you needed a larger sized case.

I own the stone legacy revolution ice rod case, and the premium ice case and like them both.