• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Allis B tractor do what I'm looking to do?

bikeoutback

Question

I'm looking at a '39 Allis Chalmers B Tractor tomorrow morning. I have a 300' driveway leading into the area in front of my garage that is 35' by roughly 50'. It's all gravel except a one car length cement area right in front of the garage. I'm looking at picking up this tractor to plow all of this in the winter, think it will work? It's got a plow that appears to attach underneath or at the back but is out front for pushing snow and has wheel weights, no chains.

In addition it has a belly mower which I would also be using to mow my 3 acre lawn. The seller said it's set a little high but could be adjusted down. I'm not looking for golf course lawn out here where I live but need to mow it.

It has other attachments like cultivator and bottom blade that I may use in the future but not at this point in time. Think this would work for my immediate needs of plowing and mowing? What would be a good price on something like this or any sites that can give me a "blue book" value? Any info anybody can give would be appreciated, thanks.

2 answers to this question

This should get you started with the B in action.

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Parts are available but your not going to drive in town just pick them up.

The mower will work if your yard is fairly open and level.