• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Must have and new jigs or spoons for ice fishing this year?

I was wondering what the new or must have stuff is out there for the eyes this year? I know there is the new JB Orca Diver, its like the old Orca with the single hook but they have a treble on the end like a Buck Shot. I dont know if the moxie minnows are new this year but I haven't seen them before.

The Moxies are a must have. I bought a bunch to test out right as the bite was tapering of on them.

As far as other stuff, the Lindy Darters are not new this year but must haves for ice fishing and I am going to try them out this winter open water ice fishing.

For the river there is a new plastic just hitting Evert's shelves and a that is the Drag Queen. It is a ringworm body with a huge thumpertail for dragging jigs. I have tried these and am very impressed.

mw

The new Lindy Slick Jig sounds like something to check out for sure. There a horizontal jig that swims to the side when you jig it. It comes in many different sizes and colors, I would think it would work great for eyes and perch. You can use plastics or live bait, and the longer the tail the better it swims.

I'm hoping to get a couple Lindy slick jigs when I go to the ice show this weekend, and hoping to get them for a better price then $3 a piece. After looking them up some more and seeing a video of them in action, they look like they would be killer. I guess they were at the show last year so I am sure some people have tried them out last year, so I'm wondering if they really work well or not. Haven't found much of people talking about how good they really work on the net.