• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NIls hand auger

hamms-scooter

I will be havent used it yet honestly. Was going to today but after having Turkey on top of all the Coors I decided I will wait till Saturday.

It is a risk to take with that stuff so we will see if it pays off. The blades looked really good it was chipped on the flighting. Idk if it works then it was worth the gamble. If not I will pick up another blade set.

I just purchased a nils 8" hand auger and was very impressed with it. Today i went to our stock dam in the pasture and went through 4.5" of ice in 5 to 6 cranks not kidding. If it impresses me through the rest of early ice i will be getting some kind of power head for it.

Well went out and used the 8" and that was good. So something is wrong with the six. The thought crossed my mind something could be wrong being from the bargain cave. But it was in the box yet so didnt think much more than that.

Well went out and used the 8" and that was good. So something is wrong with the six. The thought crossed my mind something could be wrong being from the bargain cave. But it was in the box yet so didnt think much more than that.
send it to Surface Tension he will do his best to get the blade cutting like a hot knife through butter.

Get the Nils. I have had a Nils over 5 years. It has been very reliable and cuts ice fast.Buddy has a Solo. It cuts a clean hole fast,, but he has had many problems. Re-coil, hard starting, overheats. Strikemaster service is excellent . I dont know about Nils service, as I never needed it.

I have both 6in and 8in Nils. I only use 6in as a hand auger and for most part 8in is always connected to the powerhead but the nice part about the Nils is that if for some reason the powerhead quits on ya while you are out, you can just pop off the powerhead and use it as a hand auger vs. having to carry second auger w/u as backup.

My gamble payed off with getting a bargain cave auger. I just got back from checking a nearby lake and it zipped right through the ice. Im sure the blade set could use for Surface Tension to touch it up but it will work for now. I guess my good fortune is due with my bad luck on scratch offs lately LOL.