• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Broke in the new AR this morning!

My youngest and I headed out early this morning to make a few sets and we're fortunate to bring another one home.

1st set: Same property Mitch shot his on a couple days ago. Nothing.

2nd set: Hunted are best spot from last year. We set up on the East side of a bean field with the road to the North and an abandoned farm house to our East and our back.

I put the decoy and caller out 30 yards SE of us. I started with distress sounds for 3 sets and then did 2 sets of female howls and then just sat there or a bit. Mits next to me on my left. He says there's one out front behind the decoy and I see her trotting North out a ways. I whistled her to a stop, put the crosshair behind her shoulder, touched one off and down she went.

185 yards. Nice looking female.

11-24-10DadsCoyote1003.jpg

11-24-10DadsCoyote1005.jpg

3rd set: Saw one at about 250 yards but it just cruised by and never stopped for a shot.

4th set: Nothing

Looks like this might be the last night for a while unless the snow holds off.

Rob

Way to go Rob. I saw 8 coyote last weekend between St. Croix and Deer Lake I think it is probably 4-6 mile area. My daughter had a basketball tourny in the underwear capital of Wisc. BLOOMER! We saw 3 at about 7:00am on the way there and and 5 at about 5:30 on the way back. Kind of interesting though we never saw any deer at all in the fields but 1 dead buck on the road I thought it was kind of odd.