Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bobbymalone

Ice Auger Kwik Koupler?

Saw this thing on the world's foremost HSOforum. seems like one end connects to the power head and one end connects the auger bit. Looks like you move a ring some direction or another and and it pops the auger into two pieces.

Just wondering if anybody has one of these things and if they worth $40. It would make transporting a lot easier for me, but I'm a bit worried about it locking up, or coming unlocked, etc.

Picked one up for my StrikeMaster at the Ice Show a couple of years ago.

Love it.

I have a pick-up truck that's full of gear (2 levels worth) most days, and I welcome any product that will help me squeeze gear into tight spaces.

The Kwik Coupler fits the bill in spades.

Yeah, it adds a few ounces to the overall weight of your auger, but if you are looking for a product that will make your auger more portable in quick fashion, the Kwik Coupler is it.

Very well made and sturdy product.

I have never had any problems with freezing of the Kwik Coupler, but yes, you do want to get into the habit of tightening the Coupler each time you hit the ice. If you are using it in the fashion that it was intended (Auger in 2 parts for transportation), then this will be no problem as you will be re-assembling (and therefore necessarily tightening) the Kwik Coupler Unit each time you hit the ice.

If, on the other hand, you generally leave the power head attached to the drill unit, and only split the two ends for transport on occasion (like me), then I would make sure the Coupler unit is snug before I start drilling, because yes, there is the possibility that you can drop the drill unit into the dark abyss if it is not snug to the power head.

Snug the unit up before each drilling session (won't need it if you leave it attached, but if that's the case, why did you purchase it in the 1st place smile ) and you will have no worries.

Great niche product.

The trail's end booth at the ice fishin show was selling them for 20 bucks last year. I have had one on the jiffy for a while now and it works great. I mount the auger on the back of the wheeler and the head unit on the front. I agree about getting in the habit of tightening the coupler often.

The Kwik Koupler work great. They have 2 models, the Jiffy, and the StrikeMaster models.

There are 2 models due to the need to accommodate the auger rotation differences in each model, and the shaft diameters and pin placement.

A often overlooked benefit of this handy tool is it adds a few inches to the auger cut depth. And very often that is the difference in whether you need an extension, or not.

And any concerns of the auger spinning off..Naaaaa....can't happen....unless your a "Marooon"..;)...then..well...anything and everything mysteriously happens. If you use the correct model for the auger you own and tighten it properly, can't happen...nope. If it became loose in transport, or you forgot to tighten it properly to start with, you would notice it loose long before you drill the hole through.

A great product, I'll add one on my new StrikeMaster this season for sure. My old one went with my last Jiffy.

Two Thumbs up for this deal.

cool

I have three of them and to be honest only bought them because they were half off at F.F. a couple years ago. They seem to spin apart after a while. They now sit in a box.

I'm a maroon. Be sure to tighten each time. Luckily I have long arms and caught the auger at the bottom of the hole....

LOL..we all takes turns at being the "Maroon"...from time to time. wink

I ran the KK for many seasons, and never had a glitch. So I have no problem recommending them. If I had a poor experience with it, I would likely feel the same too.

I have three of them and to be honest only bought them because they were half off at F.F. a couple years ago. They seem to spin apart after a while. They now sit in a box.

Are they the StikeMaster model?

They would be a the model WX2-154375.

If so, what do you want for them?