• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sure is quiet........

student

Anyone else looking forward to getting in a bow stand this weekend???? I haven't been out in about 3wks so i'm jacked! The high where i'm hunting is forecasted to not break 0 degrees on Sunday - Yikes! I've still got my buck tag so I'm hard pressed not to get in stand although it sure is tempting to get the ice fishing gear out and fire up the propane heater with weather like that comin!

Debatin on sittin in the stand at this property I have permission to or going out with a shotgun and doing some grouse management. With the cold temps, I would imagine some hoofin it for birds will keep me warm out there smile

I will be out this weekend, first time in two weeks that I have been able to get out and hunt. Hoping the cold will keep the deer out feeding a little bit longer than normal, but who kows the way my season has gone! Gonna setup on the edge of the woods near a standing corn field and see how it goes. Sounds like it is going to be a cold one for sure, so I will be bundling up big time!

Off and on over the years I've found groundscrapes in the snow etc., but it usually does me no good as my belief in my area is he likely found a doe or fawn in heat during the night and made the scrape after dark and they just aren't as likely to go recheck it, just using it for the time being on that 1 select deer, sure makes you think about all the bucks that are shot trailing a doe and if that doe can remain in heat until a new buck finds her or she finds him, you'd think there might be more 2nd rut than thought, but even if that's true so much of it happens while we are sleeping.

That's about as good a spot as you can hope for right now, next to standing corn. Good luck.

I'm going out, for the first time since gun season tonight, but I'm taking the ML. Might as well use the bigger firepower since I can. I'll be out Saturday night & both am & pm Sunday I think.

I have 60 acres of standing corn where I hunt along with 200 acres of hardwoods. There are tons of tracks going to the corn. I have hunted the corn egde 3 times and have only seen 1 small doe. Seems all the deer are coming out really late. Heading back 200-300 yards this wknd...