• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre must go

flipper

correction. the goal last year fell shot by a field goal and another important game that would have needed to be played. with their cake schedule last year, they would have made wild card, especially if sage would have been the qb. (he was definitely looking better in the preseason than tjack prior to brett coming to the team.)

I don't think anybody is trying to pin the whole blame for the 3 - 7 record solely on brett but if there's one player on the team to put the highest amount of blame on other than him, who would it be? a qb rating of less than 70 for the season ain't going to get it done; especially when the team brought him back with the idea that he was going to LEAD them to a superbowl and paying him a million bucks + per game. he wasn't expected to be just a role player. and speaking of training camp....oh never mind.

nobody can question his career prior to this season but one sure can question this season's performance and many are. rationalizing his play this year as not being that bad based on his career stats is kind of like going back to that one spot ice fishing where you nailed the crappies that one day six years ago and even though you havent' caught anything at that spot since, you continue to tell your fishing buddies about this secret hot spot of yours where you know you can nail the crappies.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The goal fell short last year because we were in easy field goal range and took a timeout, then we some how managed to get 12 men in the huddle after a timeout during the biggest play of the season. So we got backed up deep, then we decided to pass when we should of just ran and atleast gave longwell a chance to end the game. Even after all the turnovers and missed opportunities, we still had that game wrapped up on the last drive until that horrid penalty, and then the bad play call to try and make up for the lost yards.

Our team started to get screwed up middle of last season when we decided we are a passing team and not a running team. Favre was supposed to come in to be a game manager and help open things up for AP, not throwing 40-50 times. Whoever decides that is a moron, wether it was Bevell or Chili, as far as we know they are both morons. I highly doubt Favre audibles 20 times a game out of run to pass.

whoever decided to call the pass play after the penalty called a great play and had the qb not made a horrible decision, things may have turned out much differently. berrian was wide open but for whatever reason brett tried to improvise and throw against his momentum to a blanketed receiver instead and we all know what happened next. if anybody thinks for a second that that the results of that particular play wasn't a bigger blunder than the player and coach that caused the 12 men on the field penalty, you are kidding yourself.

regardless, that is in the past and as we know the present has basically been a train wreck and many believe one person has played the biggest role in that wreck.

if anybody thinks for a second that that the results of that particular play wasn't a bigger blunder than the player and coach that caused the 12 men on the field penalty, you are kidding yourself.

Lol, yeah Brett trying to make a play to win the game is way worse then a coach having 12 men on the field after a timeout. You can put the tape on and find an open guy on every play, QB's don't see the open guy every play, coaches should never have 12 men in a huddle after a timeout, thats a fact.

whoever decided to call the pass play after the penalty called a great play and had the qb not made a horrible decision, things may have turned out much differently. berrian was wide open but for whatever reason brett tried to improvise and throw against his momentum to a blanketed receiver instead and we all know what happened next. if anybody thinks for a second that that the results of that particular play wasn't a bigger blunder than the player and coach that caused the 12 men on the field penalty, you are kidding yourself.

regardless, that is in the past and as we know the present has basically been a train wreck and many believe one person has played the biggest role in that wreck.

That would be the offensive line in my opinion.

lol. 5 yard penalty or giving the ball to the other team; which of these two options costs a team more nearly 100% of the time. hmmmm.

Tell me how many times a team has got a 12 man penalty at the end of a Championship game after a timeout. It's unheard of, a qb throwing an INT happens all the time.

Run the ball with the best RB in the game to get them yards back and atleast have an opportunity for Longwell to win the game....PERIOD. If you don't trust AP because he fumbled a couple times give it to Chester then.

who, tjack or farve? farve will start on sunday and every sunday until the end of the season. he's a future hall of famer and nobody is as tough as he is. only a season ending injury will stop him from starting, and in his case it would have to be life threatning. good luck.

on what conditions do you lay that bet on? are you going to specify what injuries are acceptable if he doesn't return to play. i would not take that general of a bet on any starting quarterback. i suppose you wouln't even take the stiches would you. did he return to start the next week after the cut? good luck.

Well reinhard you said it would have to be a life threatening injury for him not to start the four remaining games. All I am saying is that he will not start all four remaining games. If it is an injury that is "life threatening" we can call the bet a draw if that would make you happy.

Once again I will try to explain this REALLY SLOOOOW so some of you donkeys can understand this.

HE (FARVE) HASNT HAD ANYONE BLOCK FOR HIM ALL YEAR AND HE HASNT HAD ANYONE TO THROW THE DAM BALL TO!!!!!!!

Look at Peyton Manning how carrpy he has looked with all the injuries to his team. He looks way worse than Farve, but it is way more than his fault. How many fricken games did you expect to win with Jim Flyinsaucer being the second option for most pass plays? Oh, but nevermind, we didnt pick up with blitz and Farve was laying on his ARSE again.

The only QBs I would take over Farve next year would be

P Manning

Tom Brady

Philip Rivers

Otherwise give me Farve. There isnt a guy in the leauge that will be at the top of the passer rating when he spends more time on the ground than on his feet.

Pike Doctor I couldn't agree with you more! Anyone can throw the ball and eventually find someone open if the have an offensive line to protect him. WE DON"T HAVE ONE!!! Seriously, I want Frazier to get the head coaching job, and get some lineman that can block and have Favre back. I do think he probably is done, but who knows. Would you want to be our quarterback when you get you butt kicked everyweek? I don't care how young you are with our lineman you will get hurt. These guys can't block, plain and simple.

You guys really do show some Farve love. He's not going to be with the Vikings next year. I doubt if he will come back anywhere. He's thrown a ton of pics and has a new injury every week. Why would you put yourself through that again?

I do agree that the oline and dline are not playing up to last year's standards. But the oline had some issues last year as well, especially with our bookend tackles blocking speedy ends. Favre was magical last year and has been anything but this year.

Last season Favre had Sidney Rice, which most have not acknowledged as Favre's go-to guy when in trouble. Shianco was also open last season so Favre had two true outlet receivers when Harvin or Barrian weren't open.

The O-line has and will suck until they get rid of the mountains of waste at the tackle positions.

I like Favre too, but there's alot of other QB's out there I'd rather have, especially when talking about the future. Matt Ryan would be tops of my list.

Favre has to be the toughest guy to ever play the game, he'll play no matter what unless he just absolutely can't.