• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre must go

flipper

He is ranked 31st of 32. He is a cancer that is tearing the team apart. When you have a player that thinks he is above the rest of the team so he doesn't have to go to summer camp with them you have a BIG problem. When you have a player that plays these little will I or won't I play this year games just to get media attention you have a BIG problem. When you have a player that considers himself too important to be coached (and not just by Childress) you have a BIG problem. The Vikes need to cut their losses and think about the future, a future without Favre. I can't wait to see the big crybaby go.

I bet his wife is really looking forward to having him come home...NOT.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

farve will be the starter until they carry him off in a strecher. i have said that before. they have no one else. jackson is not the furture and webb is not ready. you will get your wish next year or if he gets injured this year. good luck.

Mabye if they could BLOCK for him he would be doing a lot better. How many of his INTs have been from tipped/dropped balls, recievers falling down or him getting hammered at the back end of a three-step drop. Thats what I thought. The problem is McKinnie, Loadholt, Sullivan, and any back that we have trying to pick up the blitz. Junkson sure isnt the answer, if he was Farve would have never put on a Vikings uniform. We have seen what he can do, and its nothing.

I totally agree Pike doctor.

Brett may not be the best but he is the best the Vikes have to offer at this time. Our O line is so bad he has no time to throw at all. No QB would do well behind the Vikes O line.

Bobby Malone, watch the games and our great O line and see how much time he has to throw. I am not saying he is great by any means but no QB would do well with the Vikes the way they are playing now.

Last season everyone was all goo-goo about Brett and now, it's all his fault.

LOL.

Last season everyone was all goo-goo about Brett and now, it's all his fault.

Don't you mean Childress. grin

Like I said before this whole thing with Childress has played right into the master manipulator's hands. Worst season of his carreer with enough turnovers to make you wonder how we even have 3 wins and almost all the attention gets put on Chili. Now you even have the Silver Fox getting all pi$$y with his buddy Bevell on the sidelines. We gambled on him coming back and we lost. If he wants to continue to play in a bunch of meaningless games only to risk further injury so be it.

Bobby Malone, watch the games and our great O line and see how much time he has to throw. I am not saying he is great by any means but no QB would do well with the Vikes the way they are playing now.

Ah, I'm just funnin' ya.

I'm not so much a football fan, but of course I want to see the team down the road win. If the weather was a bit more fair, I would be a lot more inclined to watch the games. I did last year frown

Sorry if you interpreted it as a rip on your boy grin

Like I said before this whole thing with Childress has played right into the master manipulator's hands. Worst season of his carreer with enough turnovers to make you wonder how we even have 3 wins and almost all the attention gets put on Chili. Now you even have the Silver Fox getting all pi$$y with his buddy Bevell on the sidelines. We gambled on him coming back and we lost. If he wants to continue to play in a bunch of meaningless games only to risk further injury so be it.

You're overstating to try to further prove a doubtful point.

Do you really think Favre wanted to have Chilly fired when the team was at 3-7 and the season basically gone? Doncha think he'd rather have seen Chilly gone after only the first few games this season, or at least before the last two so the team would have an actual chance at the playoffs so he could cover himself with further glory? Manipulated himself right into what might be the worst season of his career, with a team falling apart all around him and playoff hopes in disarray. Sure makes him look smart. Yep, as manipulations go, that one was truly masterful. whistle

I know, I know, it's a sports forum. Passion before logic every time! gringrin

Drama queen, I would bet a paycheck that it was Farve himself that orchestrated the three guys going down to Mississippi to talk him into coming back...good media story guys.When it comes to Farve it's all about him.

No doubt in my mind. I can't believe how many seemingly intelligent people eat this stuff up.

I was excited to get Brett last year, and it worked out pretty well. This year, I was happy to have him back...for awhile. Now it is clear he just doesn't have enough left in the tank. We keep hearing the NFL is a business...well, as a business, you cut dead weight...and Favre is dead weight. Aside from ego stroking and an inflated paycheck we are trying to justify, why is he starting this Sunday? You want to change the culture of a team, you cut the head off the snake. I am not saying T-Jack is the answer, but shouldn't we at least give him a half season audition? Or Webb? Or the water boy? I don't care who you plug in, but at least feign a sincere attempt at recovery. Bottom line, we didn't draft a potential franchise QB, and it is biting us in the arse. What happens when we continue to lose with Favre? We fire Frazier? "Come on, man!"

I was just saying that when you have a group of super ego's on one team and one gets all the strokes the others are not going to be happy and a mutiny occurs and the capitain walks the plank. Welcome to the Viking ship. After the mutiny the first mate becomes captain and there is serinity (for a while) grin

Foss I never said Favre wanted Chili to be fired at any point this year. What I said is it has played into his hands by diverting what has been an embarrassing season for Favre into "its all Chili's fault". Clearly there has been much more attention on Childress. If Brett was having the same kind of pro-bowl season as last year we would easily have a winning record and Chili would still be a god in this town with everyone drooling over his contract extention.

I didn't say he manipulated the situation to happen. But it sure is convenient for him how things have gone down...... grin

Like the attention shouldn't be put on Childress? He's the head coach, who do you think decided on the staff under him? Who do you think chose to have Favre be QB?

Funny how you take what people say or think a year ago and try to use it against them today after all the things that happened since then and now. Like your the god Viking fan that knows all.

You bandwagon right along with everyone else, last year you didn't want the diva on this team, then when we started to win you thought the Favre signing was awesome and such a great deal for the team, the ol silver fox is a top 3 QB, you even thought we should just fire Childress and have Favre be the coach. Same with Childress, first you like him, then you didn't like him, now you like him again? Or do you just like to stir the pot in every direction then no matter what happens you can think your right?

Foss I never said Favre wanted Chili to be fired at any point this year. What I said is it has played into his hands by diverting what has been an embarrassing season for Favre into "its all Chili's fault". Clearly there has been much more attention on Childress. If Brett was having the same kind of pro-bowl season as last year we would easily have a winning record and Chili would still be a god in this town with everyone drooling over his contract extention.

I didn't say he manipulated the situation to happen. But it sure is convenient for him how things have gone down...... grin

That's all just jibber-jabber.

I'll boil it down for ya. You called Favre a master manipulator. If he's been manipulating this situation at all, it's clear he's far from a master at it. wink

I don't know. I've been a favre fan since his first day in GB. I do know that he was brought to the Vikes for one reason only, and that reason fell short by a FG last year. Give him some credit, w/your backups, you'd never seen a Wildcard last year. This year with all the drama between favre, The X-Coach, Your Injuries, Poor Offensive Line, slacking Defense, poor play calling, you can't pin the horrible season on One Player. If the puzzle is together things will happen. This year things aren't in place, and haven't been since training camp, hard to change that mid season.

And to touch on the Favre drama "texting chicks", I can guarantee this doesn't phase him the least. He's proven that simply by playing his best game ever the day after his father died. He plays better under pressure, but he also needs the help on the other end of the ball to make that happen. IMHO, i'd be playing for some draft picks, cuz the O-Line are worse than most high school lines.