Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
toughguy

Fire Frazier!!!!!

So far he is 0 for 1 by saying he will play Favre. This shows he has no intestinal fortitude and no vision for the team. I say FIRE HIM!!!

do you realy think jackson is the answer, i dont, so why play him. webb is a great athlete and could be a future star, but is he ready. so farve is the best we have this season. has he had one of his better years,no. is this all his fault? no. how many of those interceptions were tipped by another player? his offensive line rarely gives him time to make a proper play. so in the end farve is the best we have at this time, and this season. he wont be around next year and i think young players can learn from him. good luck.

I agree, keep Favre in. Maybe if Childress wouldn't have been calling the plays and let Favre do more on his own we wouldn't be in this mess. Heck if we get a good coach (please hire Cohwler) he might come back. We need an offensive line that can protect the quarterback and we don't have that. I am still a Favre fan and he can still play at a high level.

There won't be a need to fire Frazier, he is the Interim Head Coach. If he does half the things the old coach did wrong this season he won't be back.

Everyone but 3-4 people in the state know that Junkson is not the long term answer.

There are some good QB prospects in the draft next year. We might get lucky and land a good one. smile

do you realy think jackson is the answer, i dont, so why play him. webb is a great athlete and could be a future star, but is he ready. so farve is the best we have this season. has he had one of his better years,no. is this all his fault? no. how many of those interceptions were tipped by another player? his offensive line rarely gives him time to make a proper play. so in the end farve is the best we have at this time, and this season. he wont be around next year and i think young players can learn from him. good luck.

for every tipped pass that you can say isn't his fault, there's been at least one or more passes that the defender dropped but should have intercepted. and about the line not giving him time? all the defense has to do is pin their ears back and charge because brett cannot move so there's no reason for the defense to worry about containment. jared allen might have 20 sacks by now if he faced favre every week. he's as tough as they come but let's face it he's been absolutely brutal this year and no line is going to protect a qb for as long as he needs if the qb cannot move.

I don't think jackson is the answer either but give him the chance to play and show once and for all that he either can or cannot play with this group of players so they don't have to question it in the off season. if jackson had been the starter and played like favre, there is absolutely nobody that would say today to let him keep playing. this team needs to plan for the future and that future doesn't include favre. and what's the young players going to learn from him? how to throw underhanded passes when chased by the defense or blow off the coaches when you make a mistake but don't want to hear about it? it's documented that he didn't want anything to do with mentoring rodgers so why would that change?

somebody mentioned in another thread about using chilly's contract money would have been good to use to keep chester taylor. think about who we could have on this team using favre's salary for just this season alone if you want to talk about wasted salaries.

you have got to be kidding right? what can a young quarterback lear from farve? what 20 years experience is all. would you have said the same last year? good luck.

somebody mentioned in another thread about using chilly's contract money would have been good to use to keep chester taylor. think about who we could have on this team using favre's salary for just this season alone if you want to talk about wasted salaries.

As far as I'm aware a coaches salary does not go against the salary cap. Next year when/if Favre retires we'll need the money he makes to sign our young players that are due for contracts.

no, the coaches salary doesn't go against cap. just comparing $ to a post someone else made about how much $ chilly cost the ownership of the team.

you have got to be kidding right? what can a young quarterback lear from farve? what 20 years experience is all. would you have said the same last year? good luck.

I've heard that if you ask aaron rodgers that question, he will tell you nothing because brett wanted nothing to do with mentoring him. (No I don't have a link but that has been mentioned before.)

last year has got little to do with what's going on this year

Mr ego would do everything in his power to keep a young quarterback from progressing. He may have a few unretire episodes left in him but after this year he'll have quite a time finding a team ignorant enough to take him.

This is nothing more than a sports team and nothing to get to worked up about. Tomorrow will come and go with or without the Vikings.

This is nothing more than a sports team and nothing to get to worked up about. Tomorrow will come and go with or without the Vikings.

Now that I can agree with

Happy Thanksgiving to all

One thing people forget on here about Frazier and the defense is that they played fairly well early this year and kept them in some games. But when the offense can't score and turns the ball over frequently they kinda get tired. Granted now the secondary isn't looking so good but give the boys something to be fired up about and things could change. I think Frazier will get some respect from the players that Chilly didn't have. And also I have heard so many different things about who called the plays but I think Chilly handled most of it. So hopefully they can get some variety in play calling and quit being so predictable. I could go on and on but I hope Frazier does well myself. It will be tough trying to get his own identity as a coach, especially in someone elses system but hopefully he does well.

The Fire Frazier alert level is currently at 0.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. As it stands now, MN is a 1.5pt favorite.

grin

Not saying that Frazier will not make a good head coach, but not here.

When you make a big change I believe you have to get rid of all the elements and start fresh.

I know other assistants have left and made it big(Dungy,Tomlinson), but I believe we need to start fresh.

As far as quarterbacks, here is a name - Kevin Kolb. Philadelphia will not sign both next year. I believe he is an unrestricted free agent, I could be wrong though.

Unless Vick completely falls apart the Eagles will put a franchise tag on him. I haven't heard the status of Kolb, but I would think they would dangle him out there as trade bait. He's shown what he can do and should fetch a fair price, especially to a team that runs a similar offense.

of course the Eagles will sign both... you gotta have a good backup, particularly when your starter is a 30 year old guy who runs a lot

Andrew Luck and Ryan Mallet are who i'd be thinking of if I was a vikings fan...