• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Firestone Destination A/T

Anyone have any experience with these? I have a 2006 F-150 supercab 4X4. So far all of the reviews I've read have been overwhelmingly good, but does anyone here have experience driving through deeper snow on lakes, maybe some slush? How about traction on frozen or snow covered dirt roads?

My size is 255/70R17. I'm not sure if a smaller of larger tire would yeild different results for people, but that's what I have.

Just bought a new set myself for my 4Runner. Haven't had a lot of time with them, but got a good deal at Tires Plus (even better than Tire Rack).

Handled that snowstorm nicely a couple of weeks ago. About as slushy as it gets, and I didn't even flinch.

The biggest test will be how long they last though.

Right now, I love em

I did notice about a 1.5-2 mpg loss with them.

dtro, that much in loss huh? From all of the reviews I read on Tire rack, it sounded like it did pretty well on mpg. hmm. Did you have an A/T tire on before these?

Well I had Dueler Revo's before that, but I stepped up a size on these Firestone's because that is all they had in stock. That could be the blame for the drop in mpg's.

Did you get your instruments recalibrated? The speedometer is likely off a couple mphr and your odometer may be off kilter some. This happened when I went from 265s to 285s on my last truck.

I also am interested in these tires, I am seeing these for 138.99ea, any1 got a better price out there than that? (BTW, there is a black friday deal out there for a certain company if that hasn't been discussed before)

I'm at 30k on my avalanche with the destination AT's. Have worked great ice fishing, and done very well in the woods this year with grouse hunting through the mud. Very happy with the tire, will replace them with the same thing, but I think I have another 20k.

(BTW, there is a black friday deal out there for a certain company if that hasn't been discussed before)

Who has it? You can name company names, just not contact information. I haven't heard who's giving the deals.

Put a set on my 2000 Silverado and they are nice tires in the summer not loud at all. But I would give them a 10 but they suck in the snow/ice. I took out Westwinds sign a couple years ago because I could not stop in time to turn in the drive way and cost me $1000 to replace there yellow sign. So they get a 6 or 7

Who has it? You can name company names, just not contact information. I haven't heard who's giving the deals.

Tires Plus has a deal where if you go there between 6am and 10am Friday morning you get an instant 100 dollar rebate off any purchase. I talked to the guy and he said they normally do 40 sets a day, but on Friday they expect to put on 350 sets. He also said there is a line out the door Friday at 6am. (he also said I may not get my truck back until 6-7pm.)

I got 50k on mine but about the last 10-15k they were running pretty bald!

I didn't really think they were all that good on snow and ice or even in heavy rains.

Didn't see any difference in gas milage.

Road noise was quiet which was good.

Just bought some new tires that handle great in snow and ice, much more noticable then destinations. also have very low road nosie and milage again is about the same. the tires are BF Goodrich long trail T/A tour

I talked to the guy and he said they normally do 40 sets a day, but on Friday they expect to put on 350 sets.

Either he is confused or pulling your chain! Are you sure he/you aren't confusing individual tires with "sets" of tires?

Assuming a 13 hour day, 40 tires (10 sets) mounted, balanced and installed would be 1 set every 75 minutes. Easily do-able! Putting on 40 sets would be mounting, balancing and installing a set every 20 minutes. Pretty tough, but not impossible! To put on 350 sets in a day would be one set every 2 minutes or so. I dont see that happening without a really big crew and a lot of hoists and tire machines. wink

I dont know man, its just what he told me... your math leads me to believe it cannot be done though. Unless they sell that many and honor the price for a couple days.

Additionally, the 100 dollar off thing is for a purchase over 500 dollars... but thats not hard to do with skins.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get in on Friday, so I decided, mostly spur of the moment like, to take the truck in. They're currently being put on, along with an alignment. I knew it was time when I had to pop her into 4X4 just to get there safely.

Thanks again for your reviews! I'll pop in after a few thou and give my feedback. Maybe Stcloudangler, you could do the same?

I hate to hijack but BFGoodrich All-Terrains are worth every stinking penny if you can swing it. They'll pay you back too as I've gotten 100k out of 2 different sets and am on my way to that with my current tires.

Tires saved me from a serious fender bender on the way home from work today in the snow/slush/ice [PoorWordUsage] we have right now. Had a guy sliding through a stop sign in front of me that I swerved pretty hard to avoid. Maintained control through the swerve until he hit the back end of my truck which spun me sideways and managed to control myself back out of the spin which kept me away from some telephone poles, sign posts and oncoming cars. Truck was minimally damaged as he hit one of my back tires.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get in on Friday, so I decided, mostly spur of the moment like, to take the truck in. They're currently being put on, along with an alignment. I knew it was time when I had to pop her into 4X4 just to get there safely.

Thanks again for your reviews! I'll pop in after a few thou and give my feedback. Maybe Stcloudangler, you could do the same?

Will do, they are getting put on right now.