• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waiting is the hardest part....

setterguy

Me too. It's super hard to not train my puppy right now. I just want to get out and hunt with him, but he's only 15 weeks now!

I just have to make sure he doesn't form any bad habits.

Kennel/crate trained - check

House trained - sorta check

.22 trained - check

Fetching - check in the house, outside not check. (just runs away with tail up whenever he's outside!?!?! he fetches in the house really good though)

Hunting - that'll happen next summer. can't wait!

Sorry for hijacking your thread about your pretty little puppy.

Jack.........i'd be more worried about obedience at that age than fetching!!

Does spending 3-5 hours per day playing, and teaching commands such as come, sit, no, etc. count as "obedience?"

If so, I think my dog gets more obedience training than the average dog.

I can teach my pup to fetch if I want to teach him how to fetch. I never make him fetch distances more than 15 feet.

My dog, my rules.

Just saying. I'm not a fan of other people trying to tell me what to do when they've never seen the dog or how he acts. He loves to fetch already, and apparently it's a big "no no" to teach puppies how to fetch nowadays.

There's a thread with a dog the same age that's flushing birds and pointing, and nobody says anything negative.

I guess people just see me as a less intelligent person.

Wow, I'm crabby tonight! cry

Time for bed.

Nice lookin dog.

I'd have to agree with Todd, the training is "almost" as fun as the real thing.

Its about workin' and interacting with the dog that is the fun part for me as well.

Shooting something is always a bonus. grin

Definetly agree here! It's a blast putting in the time with the dog and seeing that little light go off in the dogs head on how things are to be done. Training is alot of work but even more fun. The thing that made me feel the best was finally getting in the field and seeing all that time and effort pay off and also to see how much fun the dog has as well!

You guy's don't have to wait, you just need to get some birds and train. We train all year. The permit is free. Jack Don't worry about it I am sending you an email again. Any one wanting to train I have pigeons on hand and we get pheasants when we want all year. Just come on out.