Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
madbomber10

SE North Dakota

We are heading to ND in December and was wondering if anyone has been out there this season and how numbers have been. We have gone for a number of years and didnt go last year. We have had good success and hunt roughly in the Gwinner area.

My guess with the snow they are getting/supposed to get that finding cover near a food source will be the key. I LOVE hunting pheasants with snow on the ground!

Also, any good suggestions for places to stay?

Birds are around. I hope you have some land lined up, as it seems there is way more posted this year than in the past. But you'll find birds if you put on some miles...I wouldn't be too concerned.

Thanks for the updates. Im not really concerned about finding birds because we will walk as much as it takes. I am just a little apprehensive since we didnt go last year and I know that posting changes from year to year, so I am curious to see how different it is over a span of two years.

Birds are plentiful around food sources and bunched up together, we shot our limits and had a great time. All hunting was on private land.

How the heck did you find private land? Hunted around Ludden and Ellendale. Good hunting!

there's tons of private land around, lots of nice folks if ya ask right. once you have a relationship with one landowner you're likely to be a little more warmly accepted by the others in the area

How much snow was on the ground this past weekend?

We do have some land lined up, but will also be looking for a couple new areas to hunt. I have no problem asking permission to hunt...the worst they can say is no.

How the heck did you find private land? Hunted around Ludden and Ellendale. Good hunting!

I have been very fortunate to have a brother that his wife's parents live out there that farms and have a good piece of land along with some leased land as well.

There was anywhere from 4"-1 ft of snow depending where you were walking.