Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
matchset

how many bucks?

how many bucks did you see this season??? some of us are still bowhunting; so my count isn't final yet. i'm just curious how many bucks everybody's been seeing??

I don't know if you are looking for an exact count or in general. Over all we saw many more bucks than an average year.

I've seen 7 from the stand, 4 of which were in SD. Between lottery areas and filling my tag in Sep, my stand time has been very limited this year.

I saw a 8 pointer and my first ever official spike buck ! Don't see many official spikes in the farm country we hunt, neither were worth taking as they are what I hope to see 2 years from now. Hope to see 1 shootable during muzzleloader !

Only saw two during gun season. I think they were both 7 pointers. I shot one because it was wounded & the other one is probably the one my Dad shot 4 days later.

Bowhunting I didn't see as many this year as normal either, probably 8 or 9, one shooter, see my avatar. Could have stuck at least 4 of the other ones.

My relatives during gun season saw way less than normal, but mild temps, crop removal just days ahead of rifle, etc. many things can play a part, was a strange year, either a bruiser or bust, not many to look at, no daylight hot does, all six of the giant bucks they got were loners and that is odd in itself, they likely made the mistake of looking for a hot doe or checking a scrape and got nailed.

between bow and rifle I saw 10 different bucks. One for shure shooter just out of bow range, hopefully I will see him muzzy hunting.

Two out of range at Ripley, both 1.5 year olds.

One during EA season, a 2.5 year old.

That's it. 20+ days bowhunting, 12 days of firearms hunting.

Still have muzzy season to go, so not done yet.

I'm around 30 bucks so far this season seeing way more of them then does. The biggest this year has been a 2.5 year 7 really nice and the basket 10 that loves to hang around me.

1 decent 8ptr on the 23rd of Oct in my bow stand. One bad move away from stickin my first (as the horn freaks like to call them) "shooter".

My Pop's saw a nice one over the 2nd weekend of rifle season that got outta the way too fast to get a closer look at...

I didnt bow hunt this year and hunted 9.5 days of rifle season. Saw 37 deer from my stand. 3 different 1.5 yr old 6 points. A 1.5 yr old 3 point and the 20 pointer I shot on the last day I hunted.

3 grand total this year I have seen while on stand. And oodles on my trail cams....

No less than a half dozen shooter bucks on cam but as luck has it, they are all nocturnal by the time archery begins. Very frustrating.

Sadly not nearly as much time on stand as recent years. Where I live I am finally able to get out and hunt now that things have frozen. My property borders a small river, and its been over its banks since early Sept, and the standing water has made it nearly impassable.

So now I can get back, and get out with the muzzy very soon.

2 shooters, one in North Isanti county and 1 in Douglas county which i took. Non shooters, let me see 2 -7s, 2- 8s, 2 - 10s, 1 spike (which by the way was the weirest of all the deer i seen plenty of trail cams but 1 siteing on stand)If he lived through gun season he's going to be unkillable, 4 -4s, 1- half rack 2.

Going to be a good next few years. The guys that gun hunted only got 1 buck on the north Isanti land. They tell me a neighbor got a 7 and if that the case he deserved it, I seen him at least 10 times during bow season less than 20 yards. I Almost named him "regular"

I saw 9 bucks from stands which was pretty good considering I really didn't do any early season bow hunting and only gun hunted for about 20 minutes. One was a 3.5 year old. My goal is to try and see at least on 3.5 year old every year.

21 bucks seen so far this year for archery and gun hunting combined. (Some bucks may have been seen more than once).

7 during the archery-only portion of my hunts... 3 spikes, a 6 pt, a heavy 4 pt, two 5's (a smaller one about 130ish and one I call "Bowser").. 1 in the woods while archery hunting in blaze orange up north. Couldn't tell how big, but he was sure not a spike. I'd say fork at the least. 8 total? And still going so hopefully I nail either a shooter or a fat doe before end of season.