Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CNY Tim

FL-18

9 posts in this topic

Just got mine today! No battery terminal leads? What's up with that? Do they all come like that? If so what connectors do you guys like the alligator or the crimp on style? I like the alligator myself.

I have had the FL-18 since last year. Mine has flat spade connections on both of the battery terminals. The charger has alligator clips to attach to the battery.

yea i got the same hook ups hard to tell if it is even charging, but it hasn't failed me yet.

Tim , Mine came the same way. Why ? Dunno but it's easy enough to add the spade type conectors if you can work a pliers. LOL
I used the power cord and dual beam ducer off my 8 SLT anyways so it was'nt that big a deal.
I prefer the spade comectors. Better conection and you won't knock em off by accident that easily.

A Marum AND a Vex ? You strike oil on the back 40 or somthing ? LOL

[This message has been edited by GEEMAN (edited 12-28-2002).]

No strike oil here Geeman, that would be nice though then I could buy all my friends a new MarCum LX-3. smile.gif Proceeds from Colorpoint sale and the other half from my son's paper route money he has been saving took care of the rest. Tyler agreed to it because I knew in close his Colorpoint was gonna get the swirlies from my MarCum. Were gonna be swapping these unit's for a while back and forth it will be fun... This snow we got put a damper on things but there are still plenty of accesible places up north and west that did not get hit as bad.
Do you have the V2 flash update?

Tim , Yea I got the update as unfortunately when I ordered mine from Cabela's it did'nt have it. I ordered early so I'd have it before icefishin ALSO in case I needed to send it back in for the update. No big deal though as it was like 5 days to Vex and back to me.My buddy has a an 18 without the update and to tell the truth I think it works as good perhaps better than mine. He runs a 12 degree ducer and I the 9/19 dual beam. My 18 came with a 19 ducer instead of the 12 which kinda sucked as I wanted to try the 12. Oh well. There are a few minor glitchs with the 18 but no big deal. I really like the brighter display as well. It shows up beuty in the sun it does as opposed to the older units. Bottom line for me is the 18 is a winner and I'm totaly happy with it !

Good ice and zero snow here now. BOUT TIME TOO ! LOL

Geeman - My Browns need your help. The Pack can help with a win over the Jets are the Pack playing for anything?

The Eagles and the Pack are playing for home field advantage. Since our Vikes were done along time ago I have to turn to my Steelers!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

Thanks St. Louis River - Hey I am a big Cardinal Fan, favorite baseball team, you? I think it will be the Steelers and the Raiders in the AFC Championship game. I am just glad the Browns have a shot been a long time since we got our butts kicked in the post season grin.gif