• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So what have you bought? Or what are you getting this ice season?

Getting a few things on-line for ice fishing. Replacement blades for my 5" and 6" hand auger, new spark plug and gas cap for my power auger, buckshot rattle and dropper spoons, fire-eye minnows, moxie minnows, puppet minnows and maynard skeeter and lady bugs...

Im done with the Great Jig Fiasco, nothin new! I think I used about 5 diff jigs/lures last year and I have 10,372... crazy

We do need new auger blades, i'll be getting a Showdown Troller, more Maki's, and im eyeing up a new Thorne B Quiverstick 30 or 32in with outside guides. cool

Yeah the "Great Jig Fiasco" is something I can't control.. Do you need more than a few? Maybe... But do you need 10,372 definitely not. It's just an addiction at this point and I don't see it changing soon especially when 'new' stuff comes out every ice season. They see me coming and smile grin What I did is actually moved some of the stuff that wasn't productive out and found myself with some empty free area for new stuff and back up of stock that works. Maynards is such a good place to get reasonable priced stuff, like that place..

On the wish list is probably a Commando, a blue suit and as many new thorne brothers rods that I can afford smile

TimmyToe - I really kept it simple with jigs last year for panfish. A knacker and my swillows for bigger presentations and for small I was either hanging my dart or my alien ant(verticle or horizontal). A few colors(light n dark) and that was it. This year im going even simpler with maki's - unpainted jigs! Remember ladies, "presentation is more important than imitation". cool

Truth - I dont know where Mankato is compaired to Thorne Bros but i'd try and get there and handle a selection of thier ice rods. There are ton of options on the market and I'd check out as many as you can. Personal preference really comes into play. Are you looking into panfish or walleye rods, or both? TB's are not cheap but the quality and craftsmanship is top notch...

Timmy - I just re-read this thread and can't believe you'd want a commando over the new trap pro TC? crazy

Trust me, you would go bonkers fishing out of the narrow(34") commando!

The new TC is 45 inches wide and 7 pounds lighter than the commando, and thats with a thermal cover and the new sweet seat in it.

And if it's cuz of the black cover... you dont gain much if anything with the black over the newer covers. Yep your old pro is from a year where the covers were thin and not as dark and it made a diff for sightfishing. I had the old cover, a custom made black one, and a new one - no advantage in the black one...

Wait till the show and sit in em all...

Oh, the commando does have a 7 inch bigger center height, but if you look at the shape of the front fishing area - you would not have 7 more inches of room for your raped-ape hooksets. cool

Hooksets - Here we go again? laugh

You should have seen my hooksets helping Todd put the cover on his pool after work yesterday. laugh Well I will just say their are these Lexan like sleeves that protect the rings from scratching up the liner. And well you kinda have to stretch the spring loaded anchors with a pipe contraption that Todd designed and well you can guess the rest.. I snapped like 5-6 of these sleeves in a row. cry After I snapped like 4 Todd's like "well just keep going and see if you can break them all. laugh

I think Tuzzy is going with Pro TC too. The new Frabill 1 man Pro is nice but way to heavy and expensive... You are right on with the material being thin on mine but i have to admit it's cover is like 4 years old and in pretty good shape still. I'll be looking at the show..