• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins-Yankees

Big Tom

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us Twins fans have a hard time believe that the guys can beat the Yankees. I do it too, I have little faith after the previous history between the two teams but when I actually stop and think about THIS season and THIS postseason I realize that we have a shot.

This team is different from other years and I know I am not the only one who can feel that. Everything has worked together this year for this team and everyone has contributed. The Yankees have been successful as well this season, but they are having major issues right now. Their pitching is questionable right now, and besides CC Sabathia we definitely have a chance to blow this series open.

This team is too darn good to just have another typical Yankees first round sweep.

The track record against the Yankees isn't very good. The Twins just need to settle down and play baseball. You don't have to do anything extraordinary to beat the Yankees, you just have to play good baseball for all 9 or more innings. I'm just hoping the Twins got all of the bad baseball out of their system over the past few days.

I think a key to the Twins success is to run up the pitch count on the Yankees starters so the soft spots in the bullpen have to come into the game. Tough to do on Sabathia because he's good for 130 pitches, but it's something that needs to be done. If nothing else keeping the Twins at the plate longer will help the Twins starters relax, as you know the Yankees are going to run up our pitch count.

I had the best baseball experience of my life at game 163 last year. After all that excitement and jubilation, we went home and KNEW that we'd get pounded by the Yankees. That was no shocker for anyone.

This year I don't have that pessimism. The Twins have as good a chance as anyone to knock off the Yankees and I think that we match up well with just about any team in the post season. If we beat the Yankees, I'll entertain some serious World Series talk. It might even be like the 1980 Olympics, we'll all remember beating the Russians/Yankees and the final series not as much!

Seems like the key to this playoff series may be Jason Kubel. The Twins won 2 games out of 6 to the Yankees this season and Kubel was the hero in each of the 2 wins. The first Twins win was on a grand slam by Kubel and the second win was a game where Kubel hit 2 home runs.

We can sit here and say that this team is better than the past Twins teams and that the Yankees are not as good as last year all we want but the fact still remains that the Yankees still ended up with a better record than the Twins despite being in a much stronger division than the Twins.

The Yankees are still one of the best teams in Baseball and the Twins will once again be playing in the playoffs without their best player.

Seems like the key to this playoff series may be Jason Kubel. The Twins won 2 games out of 6 to the Yankees this season and Kubel was the hero in each of the 2 wins. The first Twins win was on a grand slam by Kubel and the second win was a game where Kubel hit 2 home runs.

We can sit here and say that this team is better than the past Twins teams and that the Yankees are not as good as last year all we want but the fact still remains that the Yankees still ended up with a better record than the Twins despite being in a much stronger division than the Twins.

The Yankees are still one of the best teams in Baseball and the Twins will once again be playing in the playoffs without their best player.

Well said.

Onm paper I think we are closer to yanks in talent than we've ever been during gardys tenure. The yanks have lost plenty of games this year to teams with a lot less talent than the twins so it definitely can be done. Gardy needs to do his best job ever both strategically and psychologically to get the team ready. This series will go a long way to show he is not baseballs version of marty schottednheimer.

My heart says twins in exciting 5th game walkoff win. My head says we win only game 2 and lose the series in 4. I do have a slight headache though so hopefully my thinking is impaired on this.

holy [PoorWordUsage] im gonna agree with big dave for the firs time ever i think laugh i just dont see them doing it, the yanks are a different team in the post season, there kinda like the spurs they can come in with the wild card, kind alike the spurs the 7 seed last year then they kick it into high gear and start to win cause thats what they do

Anyone think the weather in MN may impact the games at Target?

No more so than at Wrigley, oh wait...you've never played a post season game at Wrigley. laugh

I know it's gonna be beautiful on Wednesday when I'm there for the first game!

It will be a really good series. I see the Twins struggling in Game 1 because we can't seem to lay off of Sabathia's slider that he rarely throws for a strike. The Yanks and the Twins aren't the same teams as they were last year. Yanks have taken a step back and the Twins have taken a step up. If the games are tight late, advantage Twins as the bullpen is better and deeper than the Yanks in my opinion. Capps is still a little spooky at the end, but the bridge to him is in much better shape than it is to Rivera.

If you were to grade the starting pitching, I would say the Yanks have the ace by a ways, but after that I think it is advantage Twins. Biggest key there is which Pavano shows up??? The one picking the corners or the one with the BP fastball belt high.....

I hope Pettite doesn't return to his normal postseason fashion... if he does, I think we are in big trouble.

I like the Twins chances. We need Delmon and Cuddy to have a big series facing potentially 3 starting left handers in 5 games...if they shorten the rotation possibly 4.

I'm taking the Twins in 5(I have game 5 tickets so it is only natural for me to hope for that). I think it will be an epic series and I think the Twins will be playing for all the marbles in a few weeks..... bring on Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels!!