• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance vs. Eagle

Question

As I was researching getting a new sonar/graph, I came to find out that Eagle and Lowrance come out of the same factory.

I started to dig into their models and came to find out that the Lowrance X-75 and the Eagle Accura 240 are listed with the EXACT specifications and warranty. The cases are even identical. However, the prices of the units vary by over $100.

Does anyone know of any differences? I can't find one. The only thing appears to be that Lowrance has better brand recognition, but since it is the same company, I am not sure what to think.

2 answers to this question

Price and maybe another bell or whistle.
I started with the "green box" on Leech Lake and a half dozen Lowrance. My last two have been Eagle. My current EagleMagna Plus is ten years old and still kicking.
I look at new one's from time to time, but they don't offer anymore then what I already have.
Go Eagle and go buy a new rod or reel with what you save.
Rooster

There are two differences between the X-75 and the Accura 240, The x-75 is able to use the 50khz transducer and it has full screen backlighting vs sidbar lighting on the 240.
Other than that they are the same.

Rob