• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winchester SX2 vs SX3?

I know the price and look is diffrent and I think they made them a little lighter. I have had a sx2 since the first year they came out and love it only have a problem when trying to shoot some of the cheap 7/8 ounce loads not enough powder to get it to cycle all the time. I shoot trap alot and fell in love with the high rib it matches my trap gun and also lets you see a target faster and more of the area around the bead when shooting.

I have a SX3 and love it. Light, little recoil, fast shooting, easily adjustable to fit. Downside is the extra barrels (like if you wanted to get a slug barrel after the purchase) cost anywhere from $600-800 depending on if you can even find one.

They are close to the same, the SX3 has a few cosmetic and component differences. The SX3 has some lighter weight parts and the forend and barrel band are smaller. As far as function I don't think you would know the difference if you were to shoot them back to back, both nice shooters. I have a SX2 and my dad has the SX3, and I have had a few in for service, but mostly cleanings, they and the Brownings(they are the same) just don't seem to give people problems, unless you get a choke tube stuck.

I have both...the X3 is lighter in weight and has significantly less felt recoil. My X3 cycles 3.5" much much better than my X2, especially after a week or more on the Saskatchewan plains with the wind blowing dust and dirt every day. The MOBU duck blind camo is invisible in most fields so be careful where you set it down....had to look hard to find it after chasing cripple cranes more than a few times...now I tie a orange ribbon on it. Hope this helps

FYI, the price right now on SX2's is really, really good. Don't know if I could justify spending twice the amount on te SX3, just thought I would throw that out there. I am assuming they are starting phase out the SX2. Smilin bob, are the barrels/some parts of the SX2 and SX3 interchangeable?

As I recall without looking at them I do not believe they interchange without changing the forend also, but for some reason I keep thinking there was something else that didn't make it work. I will get them together and see what I can find in the next couple days.

ok so now im in a delima. i went and looked at a few guns and now i am not sure of what to get. Now i am looking at the the benelli vinci and sbe2, the sx3, and the beretta maxus. What can you guys say about these guns? I really like how they all feel. I am leaning towards the vinci now. So what is everyones thought?

The SBEII is an awesome gun, I just can't afford one. I would put it out there as one of the best guns on the market. My Dad and uncles shoot them and love them, I have shot a few boxes through them both, and they are nice shooting, easy cleaning guns. Beretta doesn't make the maxus, browning does, beretta makes the xtrema and the new xplor, I love xtremas but haven't gotten a chance to even look at the xplor yet. The benelli vinci looks like a great gun, but will only shoot 3 inch shells max. Compared to the SX3, SBEII and the Maxus, which I think all shoot 3 1/2 inch shells. If you are are really looking at all these guns, your best bet is to go and pull each one up, see which one you like better. I don't think any of the ones you have listed are problem guns or would be deemed junk by some. I have no experience with the maxus, but the rest are pretty solid guns. If you can afford a SBEII, I would definitely buy that gun over all the others.

Thanks for the replies guys. I went to cabelas and looked at them all and tried them all out. I liked the SBE2 and the vinci the best. The SBE drew the best and lined up great but just couldnt afford it. So i went with the gun that felt just as good and drew great to and that was the vinci. I am really happy with it and ready to get a full days worth of hunt out of it. I have shot it a couple times but really need to go get it patterned.