• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zercom color point repair?

Question

As a recent member of the Forum I have read with interest of the pro's and Con's of the Zercom color point. I have one that is two years old that is in need of some repair. I have learned that factory repair is available for $98. I would appreciate comments from anyone that has had problems and what they did. Are they worth repairing? Or has anyone had experience with factory repair? Does factory repair eliminate some of the earlier problems that the units had?
Thanks, Makky

5 answers to this question

CNY Tim Thanks for the reply. Even though Zercom was bought out by Humminbird the units are still factory repaired at Techsonic Ind. in Eufaula, Alabama. That is the same repair source on my original Zercom manual. So from what I have read on the talk forum they have had plenty of experience. From what I have heard their main problem was with transducers. Externally it looks like a high quality unit.
Thanks Makky

I have a Colorpoint, sent it in end of last season, Humminbird extended the warrenty and fixed it fine, the lights would go dim and would only get bright very rarely. I was more then happy with thier service,I know they had allot of problems with them, that's why they quit making them.
Is $98 a good deal? Is it cheaper to fix it or spend $300 plus for a new Vex or Murcom? I love the Colorpoint but it's the only flasher I have ever used on the ice.
I guess this is something you gotta figure for youreself.
Good luck

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

cwmn - You don't have to spend $400 on a MarCum if you put your colorpoint on hsolist, mine is already up to $202.50 with 4 days to go...
If you like your colorpoint like I did you will absolutely adore the MarCum. I have had it out since first ice Dec. 6 th and it has continue to perform flawlessly.

1.) I am not a slave to technology.
2.) I will not buy new technology until it is on the market 2 or 3 years. Witness the Colorpoint problems and the FL-18 problems.
3.) My Colorpoint should last until the virtual reality fish finder comes on the market... LOL

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN