• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Building a fish house trailer,need some info.

Question

I have seen many different types of trailers where the wheels are on some type of pivot. What I need is some actual pictures and lengths of the pivot arm.

I can do all the welding myself. The frame is no problem,just the wheel tilting system I will have a little trouble.
The trailer will have a bed of 10 ft. and be 6 ft wide. The tongue will be another 8 ft (easier to back) with the longer tongue.

If you guys have some info you would like to share I would sure appreciate it. Thank you!!!
Scott (Bigfoot)

------------------
Gotta get ya some !!
Fish,Ducks,Deer and yotes.

6 answers to this question

I am in the process of finishing up our house. As far as the length of the pivot arms just make sure your axle is up high enough so the tire comes off the ground and that the arm from the axle to the pull point is longer than from the axle to the pivot. I will be taking pics probably this week and then I will be posting them here.