Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rmh2o

Heating fish trap ?

3 posts in this topic

What do you use to heat a Fish trap?I currently use a coleman lantern wich is OK for night fishing but tends to get in the way having to set it by the holes.Any suggestions?

I have to say a $12 dollar coleman or poulan stove top is the smallest cheapest and kicks out all the BTU's you will need for a fishtrap, plus it's versatile for cooking, small and light weight. I use a base off a coleman 1pd canister holder that keeps the unit steady it's a wide circular base about 9" that steadies the bottle and stove unit. Make sure your trap has air vents. Check the Coleman HSOforum or call them direct to see if they sell the 1pd. propane canister bases if not you can make one, fairly simple.

I use a 5# propane tank and the smaller poulan heater head that screw right on to the tank. I think that it puts out 3-5000 btu and is plenty. Have used the full size Mr.Heater tank mt also but it is a bit much for such a small area. I've also tried the small one pound tank heaters but they dont seem to work very well when it is real cold and then your screwed.