• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi-Tech Polar Escape ice house?

Question

Anyone use or have one? Saw them on sale at fleet farm for $129.99 and I want to know if the canvas is any good and if anyone has any comments on them.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Is this the HT Polar Iceman. I have one for my son and it's built well the canvas is extra thick and can take a beating it locks in part way for a windblock but is really small so if you are say 5'9" tall and medium build it will be ok. For my 13 year old son it is great and quality constructed. The bars can be a hassle if your used to a fish trap but other than that it's one tough unit. That's a great price I paid $149 for my son's last year. That black canvas really holds the heat and there are small side vents at the top.

I believe the marketing ploy on this was that it could fit into the trunk of a car when they first came out. I know I had to assemble mine for my son and it came in a box. Maybe the place that your looking to buy it from has a display model that you can take out to the parking lot and try to fit in your trunk. My buddy Mike's fish trap has taken a beating hanging out the trunk of his car not to mention the rust. I wish I had a small car trunk to try it in for you what do you drive?