• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Couple Lecense and Limits

Toba

I had never thought of this topic before when buying a license for my wife and myself. I had a buddy tell me he thought a person was only allowed one limit with a couple license. After a few sodas and a lot of talk we still don't know. Any help to what is probably an easy question?

Yup, I agree with the above 3 posts.. 2 lic. 2 limits.

This is assuming they did not buy the conservation combination license. If they did, then just 1 limit between the both. If regular husband and wife= 2 limits.

The husband/wife license is not a shared license but two separate licenses and you each must have your own license in possession while fishing. The husband/wife combination license is just offered at a reduced price from two individual angling licenses. If you and your wife are both fishing, you can each harvest your own limit. You do not have to be fishing together but may be fishing separately.

NOTE: This does not double YOUR limit. If you are fishing alone or with your buddies and your wife is not with you, you are only allowed to harvest your own personal daily limit.

Quote:
This is assuming they did not buy the conservation combination license. If they did, then just 1 limit between the both. If regular husband and wife= 2 limits.

This is not quite accurate. A conservation license has a lower limit so you are still both able to take your limit, whatever the legal limit is.

Quote:
Another example where you have to watch is pike: limit of 3 (w/reg license) while only 1 (conservation limit) per angler.

And this is why your statement, "One limit between both." is not accurate and going to add confusion. In your example above, one limit between both would suggest a limit of three northern when the actual limit is 1 per license therefore 2 if you're both fishing together.

No point in adding confusion. The conservation license comes with a different daily and possession limit and it is not necessarily a given fraction of a regular license limit. Best to read the book.