• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Volga Lake Fishing Reports

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Fishing has slowed but, catfish are still being caught. Channel Catfish - Fair: Catfish are still being caught using night crawlers and chicken liver. Bluegill - Slow: Check the fishing jetty which drops off fast to deeper water. Largemouth Bass - Slow: Fish are relating to overhanging structure close to shore. Any trees with low over hanging branches are a safe bet. Crappie - Slow: Crappies are in their summer patterns. Try drifting across the lake to find suspended fish.

Awesome delmuts, give us a shout when if you find out anything else. Thanks for the info!

Fishing has slowed but catfish are still being caught. Channel Catfish - Fair: Catfish are still being caught using night crawlers and chicken liver. Bluegill - Slow: Check the fishing jetty which drops off fast to deeper water. Largemouth Bass - Slow: Fish are relating to overhanging structure close to shore. Any trees with low over hanging branches are a safe bet. Crappie - Slow: Crappies are in their summer patterns. Try drifting across the lake to find suspended fish.

Fishing has slowed but, catfish are still being caught. Channel Catfish - Fair: Catfish are still being caught using night crawlers and chicken liver. Bluegill - Slow: Check the fishing jetty which drops off fast to deeper water. Largemouth Bass - Slow: Fish are relating to overhanging structure close to shore. Any trees with low over hanging branches are a safe bet. Crappie - Slow: Crappies are in their summer patterns. Try drifting across the lake to find suspended fish.

Fished the little lake yesturday hoping the crappie had started the fall bite . The water still has a heavy green color.( could only see my jig about a ft. down) Only could catch little guys, with a small bass and a couple of perch.

No report is the only bad report, lol.

Fishing has slowed this week, but conditions are improving. Channel Catfish - Slow: Catfish have slowed on the lake. Bluegill - Fair: Check the fishing jetty which drops-off fast to deeper water. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Fish are relating to overhanging structure close to shore. Any trees with low over hanging branches are a safe bet. Most fish are being caught on crawlers. Crappie - Slow: Crappies are in their summer patterns. Try drifting across the lake to find suspended fish.

Fished Volga thursday( the 23rd). Was working the brush piles looking for crappies. no takers there, but did get into the gils.( most of them on the small side) Still finding little crappies along the rock pts. Didn't fish for anything else.

Went over monday morning. Same results as before.Lots of little fish, but nothing with any size. Not certain if, the bigger fish haven't moved in yet,i'm not using the right presentation, or just not the right location. Will keep trying!

Angling activity has tapered off this week. New habitat was put into Volga Lake recently and should be holding fish. Bluegill - Slow: Largemouth Bass - Slow:

There is about 2 inches of ice under about 8 inches of snow. Bluegill - No Report: Largemouth Bass - No Report: Crappie - No Report:

There have been a few people angling on the lake but the bite has been slow. There is at least 12 inches of snow on top of the ice. Bluegill - No Report: Largemouth Bass - No Report: Crappie - No Report:

There have been a few people angling on the lake but the bite has been slow. Anglers have been fishing close to shore. Bluegill - No Report: Largemouth Bass - No Report: Crappie - No Report:

A buddy and i were on the lake yesturday morning.Usually a carolina rig is the go to rig here. Not this time!! We work the rock shore with cranks,walk the dog type baits, jigs, with two small bass coming on a wacky rig. Worked trees, rocks, brush piles, and drop offs, with little results, but!! grin We were about to call it quits when the buddy switched to a shakey head with a ring worm. Suddenly he caught three including a 5 lber. We were almost to the ramp, otherwise i would have tried a swim jig. Seemed they wanted a smaller profile. cry

We went over yesturday.( mainly to make certain the motor worked!) Water temps were 74.2- 74.6. I was really surprised that there was very little algae in the water. The fishing was very poor, but we only tried a few things and places.

So what sort of fishing can you expect on a good day in the winter on Volga Lake?

For over ten years I've been driving right past the turnoff to Volga Lake when I take that route back to Minnesota, and have always thought I should check it out when there is good ice. The same goes for Lake Meyer by Calmar.

Eye. The lake is a off and on lake especially in the winter from what i've been hearing. ( health problems keep me from ice fishing anymore)

There is gils, crappie, and perch in there. This last spring though the crappies were running small, and not certain about the size of the blue gils or perch. ( some speculate there just isn't enough food, ( no weeds due to the grass carp, so little or no zoo plankton) so the size just isn't there. The dnr claims it is over populated. Don't know.