• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Headed to Anchorage on Monday

senco-you should have a great time!!! i was in alaska about a month ago, and flew into anchorage as well. are you going to be fishing rivers around anchorage [for salmon i assume?] or are you going to be doing some driving to some rivers a couple hrs away? there are some GREAT salmon rivers within 2-4 hrs of anchorage!

you will have a blast with the halibut in homer! we did a day trip out of seward and it was awesome! they sure do have some crazy fast tides up there!

be sure to take lots of pics and report back how your trip went!

This is my first time to Alaska. My uncle has it planned out he has been there a few times in the past. The plan is to fish Pink Salmon on the Resurrection creek at Hope. Fish the Russian river for Sockeye Salmon. Then to Homer for Halibut. I will give a report when I get back!!

Sounds like a great trip! I have never fished for the pinks in my time up there. You will have to let us know how that goes and what types of presentations you used. Going out of Homer for halibut should treat you very well also! Good luck and report back with pics! Hopefully you catch tons of salmon!

Just got back from Alaska on Monday. Had a great trip. The 5 of us caught some Pinks, our limit of Reds and our limit of Halibut. The halibut where 40-70 LBS. Man do these fish pull hard! The Scenery was great! Seen alot of Whales jumping. Mountains in every direction. But it sure does rain alot. But we had very little rain while fishing most of the rain was late afternoon and during the night. Can't wait to go back some day!

ya senco it can rain a lot up there. we were lucky on our trip and were rain free most of the days... glad to hear you got your limits! those halibut sure are fun to catch! it can be a workout reeling them in from the bottom of 200 feet of water! i could look at those mountains my whole life and never get sick of them. do you have any pics from your trip?