• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua view and vexilar

Dano2

Question

5 answers to this question

For ice fishing vexilar first, then auqu-view. For me the camera is more entrtainment for the kids than anything. If you learn to use an fl-8 you can tell the type of bottom. The fl-8 allows you to see were the fish are. If they are not biting,it is nice to se on camera what type of fish as well as how they are reacting to your bait/presentation.

GOOD LUCK!!

Well in a nut shell, buy the vex first, especially if you are a portable fisherman. I own an aqua-vu and it is worthless as soon as the sun even starts going down.

It is really awesome to have in the permenant shack, I hook mine up to a 13" TV and we watch it on that screen, plus we can record things that happen too, like a huge muskie swimming right in front of the camera.

Vex = portablity and flexibilty day and night
Aqua-vu = pure entertainment

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 12-19-2002).]

vex or flashers all around use best bang for buck
camera great for searching out new locations and learning tool and entertainment also good for retrieving keys and other things droped down hole
If affordable get both

Along with all the other posts, get a Vex first. It can tell you if there are even fish down there to look at. The cameras are fun and a good tool to check out bottom conditions and structure you locate with the flasher. Each piece of equipment should pay it's way in how much it improves your catching of your target species. If one of those turns out to be a camera then great, but a Vex, or any good FLASHER will most definatly pay it's way.