Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuddenlySummer

Fish Trap II cover

10 posts in this topic

Does anybody know where I can get a replacement cover for my Trap II ? I stopped in at USL in Plymouth and they are out for several weeks.

Are there any aftermarket ones?

Hey, I've got an extra brand-new aftermarket cover that I bought for my guide. It would fit yours. It's brand new, never been used. I will be in the metro also on saturday. Give me a holler at kjschneides@astound.net.
KJ

Any place that sells Traps will stock the covers. The Guide cover fits the Trap II. Costs about $40. I'd get out the phone book and call around. Should be someone whose got 'em.

If you have the old canvas any canvas shop can make you an exact copy. They'll give you better canvas too.

Thats right Fourplay,
I was out at canvas craft in Ramsey this week. Real nice people and willing to work with you. just disassemble the frame and bring the canvas in. I would guess it will be around $100.00 or a little more but give them a call. There in the yellow pages.

SS: Thanks for the clarification. USL says the Guide tent will fit a Trap II frame, but it'll be just a little loose. And who has the $170 laying around, I ask you?

If you get a shop to make one, like the other guys say to do, maybe they have something tougher than canvas, something me like that new ice armor fabric. Also, they could use a heavier weight canvas or double up a the lightweight stuff, which would add weathertightness and not add a whole lot of weight.

Just my 2c

I broke down and got an Eskimo III at Fleet Farm. They list for $399.00 but Fleet is selling them for $319.00. They aren't displayed at the Brooklyn Park location but the have 11 or so in the warehouse.

I'll probably get a canvas from usl then sell the trap II.

Thanks for the replys.