• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Left Field

10,000 Casts

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is it's about time that someone took on the Walleye king mano-a-mano again.

But they should be forewarned, the consequences of losing and looking bad are extremely likely.

Ye without grammar-fault cast the first run-on sentence that doesn't make any sense and has nothing to do with leftfield and really couldn't come at a more opportune time to deflect criticism of Zambrano or in the interest of anyone remotely interested in the WSox make them giddy with excitement of the prospects of future first-placemanship in their division although even then only the uninformed (not uniformed!) would even think for a second that the WSox have other than three chances (slim, fat, and none)for another WSeries appearance let alone a victory this October and...

Oops, Now I forgot what I was going to write next.

Nyuk, nyuk.

Sledneck, no one ever doubted Delmon's hitting, all I was saying to start this thread is that he could use some coaching in the field.

BTW, have you looked at the all star voting results? As of a couple nights ago, both Cuddy and Span were ahead of Delmon in the voting.. I wonder how that could happen?

BTW, have you looked at the all star voting results? As of a couple nights ago, both Cuddy and Span were ahead of Delmon in the voting.. I wonder how that could happen?

It happening the same way that Mark Teixeira may nudge Justin for the starting spot at first base.

Cuddy and Span are ahead of Young in the All-star voting? Check Punto....wouldn't surprise me to see him ahead of Young too. The only 2 people I can see voting for Young would be DELMON and his AGENT....wonder which one Sledneck IS???????????????????????????

I expect that new outfielder (forget his name, Radco?)to play left field more, with Young as DH. Great arm the other night...threw a guy out at 3rd, from right field....wasn't close, and a FAST release.

sorry to hitchhike the post, but sled, i couldn't find you active on any other topics and i need to ask you a couple of questions about your favorite bass lake, we're thinking about heading up that way on the 5th. shoot me an email if you would, i lost yours. jeff_lynch 55 at yahoo dot com

Cuddy and Span are ahead of Young in the All-star voting? Check Punto....wouldn't surprise me to see him ahead of Young too. The only 2 people I can see voting for Young would be DELMON and his AGENT....wonder which one Sledneck IS???????????????????????????

I expect that new outfielder (forget his name, Radco?)to play left field more, with Young as DH. Great arm the other night...threw a guy out at 3rd, from right field....wasn't close, and a FAST release.

you mean the one where he overran the ball and almost missed it?

sorry to hitchhike the post, but sled, i couldn't find you active on any other topics and i need to ask you a couple of questions about your favorite bass lake, we're thinking about heading up that way on the 5th. shoot me an email if you would, i lost yours. jeff_lynch 55 at yahoo dot com

sent

Young did make a couple nice throws last night....to third and home. Didn't take sooooo long to wind-up, and accurate too. BOTH runners were OUT by the way. On one 3rd base replay it showed the runner's uniform deflect, on the other side it showed Cuddy's glove pushed back....a no-doubter....Ump must have been napping.

There is a saying..."if you say something often enough(true or NOT) you can make people believe it." I personaly believe in "fair and accurate" reporting and analysis. CUDDY drove in the FIRST TWIN'S run, scored another....Young drove Cuddy in and hit a "hanger" for a HR to tie it. IT IS NOT about YOUNG OR CUDDY!!!!! It is about THE TEAM...9 guys ALL doing their part for the TEAM GOOD!

WOW, Delmon has an absolute cannon for an arm! Much to the dismay of some people.........

Not arguing the arm, but the ball drops a foot in front of him. Would rather see him catch the ball then trying to throw out runners. It's a guaranteed out, throwing out runners isn't. (esp when Cuddyer tags a guy and they call him safe, worst call of the year, even worse than the blown perfect game call)

Thought you were talking DEFENSE....not offense. Answers would be different. Young would NOT be considered a defensive replacement for anyone I can think of. Offense....against a righty Morneau or Kubel. Against a lefty....Cuddy or Young.