• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Left Field

10,000 Casts

Yep, I can see what you mean. Cuddy looked terrible tonight, only 4 RBI so far in the 8th inning!

I never said he was incapable of getting hits and driving in runs. My point is that he sucks in clutch hit situations. Keep in mind he drove in those runs when the Twins were winning the game. If he gets key hits and drives in runs in crucial at-bats, good, keep him where he is in the lineup, if not, then let someone else have the chance to hit in the middle of the batting order.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

delmon bats around .400+ for a month and then drops to hitting .350 the last 30 days for a season avg of .320 and 84 rbi's (6th in the AL)...tough crowd

trying to figure out why he is held to such a high standard but cuddy can hit .295 over the last 30 days to raise his avg to a wopping .274 and have 30 less rbi's then delmon.

dont make me pull out the strike out stats or RISP...I am still waiting for that big hit from Cuddy when were down late in the game with RISP...wait at this point I would take a hit or even a walk from cuddy. Hopefully the walk to face cuddy last night lit a fire under his @ss because he needs something to get him going.

its like some of you want to see one or the other fail? Id rather see them both play well and we go deep in the playoffs.

I guess that intentional walk last nite was proof that Ozzie sees Cuddy the same way many here have. And ya know what? Cuddy came through. But get back to me when he consistently does it. And I hope you have to, cuz then the Twins would be a better team.

Too bad you weren't paying attention.......Cuddy got on base a LOT in front of Young when was hitting behind him and driving in runs......I said it then, and I'll say it again....Cuddy and Kubel were who Young was driving in a lot, when he was hot.(not lately though)....and yes even in "pressure" situations.

It was obvious last night that Guillen was trying to work their RH pitcher on our RH hitters, while "pitching around" (or IBB) our power lefties. Kubel and Thome, they wanted nothing to do with.

Too bad Young wasn't in the game for Sloweys near no-hitter......that would never have been a subject brought up, because that ball Repko caught Young woulda played into at least a double......

All this Gardy talk on the other 2 threads wouldn't have happened.

10 strikeouts in his last 5 games and his average has dropped to .305 from .335 on August 1.

He is 8 for 45 since Aug 18, that's .177

TOUGH MONTH.. I hope he can pick it up! But lets face it... This was going to happen, for all of you guys that had the wool over their eyes after the break saying that he had just hit his stride and Mr. Delmoney was the best hitter in baseball and so on and so on... We should have dumped him before the deadline and picked up a starting pitcher and played Roepko in RF.. Now we have a liability in Left Field AND a liabilty at the plate..

10 strikeouts in his last 5 games and his average has dropped to .305 from .335 on August 1.

He is 8 for 45 since Aug 18, that's .177

TOUGH MONTH.. I hope he can pick it up! But lets face it... This was going to happen, for all of you guys that had the wool over their eyes after the break saying that he had just hit his stride and Mr. Delmoney was the best hitter in baseball and so on and so on... We should have dumped him before the deadline and picked up a starting pitcher and played Roepko in RF.. Now we have a liability in Left Field AND a liabilty at the plate..

looks to me like hes gonna have a better season this year stats wise than cuddyer has had in his whole career