• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question -- What size would you mount?

Walleye 31+

perch 15+

bluegill 11+

pike 40+

crappie 16+

smallmouth 22+, I've caught a few on the rum river and Milleacs that were between 20 and 21.

My dad has a replica of a 32.5" prespawn walleye he caught on the rainy in 2000 or 2001, but thats a once in many lifetimes fish, he never did weigh it.

Honestly I have had a few fish I should have had mounted but I haven't done any yet.

The one I should have had done was a 21" Smallmouth from Mille Lacs, I have caught a few 19's out there as well. I also let some Crappies 16" go to long as well in the freezer...DUMB DUMB DUMB!

My rule is this:

Walleye 30+

Smallie 21+

Crappie 16+

Perch 15+

Northern 42+

Never caught a Musky but 50+ on that.

I would always release those if I caught them though. Replicas are just fine for me. You never know when some kid might catch a monster I let go... I guess I would rather make a kid or a ladies day that have a dead fish on my wall.

perch 14" few of em

crappie 18" couple at least

Large mouth (don't even want one but 24" if did)

Small mouth replica only 20"

Walleye 31" replica only

Northern 40" replica only

Musky Replica anything over 50 at the rate I am going...(not one yet)

The only thing I would say about mounting a smallie is that for me a 20 inch smallie is a trophy. I am not the best fisherman out there...but I do fish for them a lot...and anything over 20 is a massive smallie (oxymoron!). 20 or over for me (but I would take measurements and do a replica).

18 inchers look like 20 when they first come out of the water...21 inchers look like cartoons they are so big.

I have released 6 28's and 2 29's. No 30+ walleyes for me yet but I don't think I would mount if I had. My son released a 28.5" Walleye and a 19.5" Smallie this year. I had nice enlargements made for him. The beautiful part he, or me or someone else will get a chance to catch them again only bigger and they're likely still producing. I might do a mount on a 32" or bigger but only if I felt the fish wouldn't survive.

I have a cousin that has guided 7 people to 30+ inch Walleyes including one 33, and his biggest is only a 28. Some of these folks I wouldn't consider gifted fisherpeople. He on the other hand is one of the finest walleye fishermen I've had the priviledge to share a boat with. Trophies have always said more about opportunity to me than skill.

why are you saying they are full of it?

Mine are:

walleye 32"+ (caught a fat 30" that I sent back down the hole)

northern 45"+ (caught a 41" fatty in Canada but let it go)

crappie 16" (been trying but can't seem to come close 13.75" pb)

sunnie 11" (I have come close to 10" so go tto set lofty goals)

smallmouth...it would have to be over 20" and 5lbs as that is my pb

perch need to be huge for me to consider and I have released some nice ones on LOW

largemouth....wouldn't even consider it

musky....wouldn't even want one

I really don't want a fish on my wall but I would have to ponder it if I were graced with catching any of these sized fish!!

Since I don't get out as much as I like, my sizes are probably lower than most or close to some others that get alot more fish time:

Eye - 30"

Pike - Over 42"

Perch - (Caught many jumbos 12-14, over 14")

Crappie - over 15"

Sauger - over 19"

Smallie - over 18"