• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a BIG portable house

deadeye

Question

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about large portable ice houses. I'm looking for one like the clam sleeper or similar size. I just wanted to know if there are any other brands that anyone has any suggestions on.

12 answers to this question

Deadeye, How big is the clam sleeper? I know Shoremaster makes a 8'x8' model. I have the 6'x8' and love it. The canvas is heavy enough to block most of the light. I spear and angle out of mine smile.gif Only complaint is that the rodents LOVE the thing. Every fall I have to patch holes that the mice have chewwed in it.

Deadeye, the clam 6800 has a new floor design this year, 6x8and nice set up, or try to find the condaminium by g-conda. It's on the site somewhere, portable built on a trailer and folds out to 8x14 or somewhere in that size. Rick had a link to the conda here earlier so look back and see if you can find it. happy hunting. <((((><

[This message has been edited by TNT4ME (edited 12-17-2002).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Stop out to Upper Hay Lake this Saturday, December 21st (North of Brainerd & Pequot Lakes off 371).

We are having the I.C.E. gathering there which starts at 7 am and runs all day and the Condaminium will be on display. This can fit a bunch of ice anglers and it is portable.

Stop by anytime. You won't be able to miss us if you make it to Upper Hay Lake. Just look for the largest portable you've ever seen. That's the Condaminium.

this year i bought the polarsport 4 man house. tried it out last week on mille lacs and it was a bit windy. to my surprise it held well. it folds out to 6 x 12 and folds up to 6 x 3 and all your gear fits in the sled. the whole thing fits in the back of my explorer and it only weighs about 80 pounds. will be trying it on upper red next weekend. i bought mine at thorne brothers, but they also have one on display at bass pro shops both stores in fridley

I bought an 8x8 "suitcase" style from canvas World in Hugo,MN about 5 years ago. I love it. It may not be the lightest portable on the lake, but still easy for 2 people to handle. It has a wood floor and nice heavy canvas with windows on 3 sides. It takes about 3 minutes to set it up once you have done it a couple of times. It is so durable that we mark the hole locations in the floor with the chisel end of our slush scoop and simply tip the shack up on it's side to drill the holes. I would suggest you look at them before making a decision.

Thanks for all the responses! rodbuilder, thanks for the link. i will take a good look at the shoremasters. seems like they might be the one, they have lots of different sizes that i like. mrmillelacs i will take a look at the polarsport too, i live in BC and will be back from ely on friday.

I just bought the new Clam 1060. It is 10'x6' and folds out on both sides. The actual floor space is 5'x6' and each side has open ice to fish from (2.5'x6' on each side). It is very nice if im fishing with another person, very roomy. It weighs about 90 lbs and I havent had any trouble pulling it yet. The only gripe I have with it, is that it is a little tough to put up with one person, especially if its windy. Without wind and with 2 people, it goes up in under 2 minutes.