• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pretty Please Gardy?????

Coach1310

What is the deal with umpires this year getting the easy calls so wrong? I was just stunned by how bad the umpiring has been this year... Detroit got scrooged a couple of time badly (perfect game fiasco and Mile off the plate strike out of Damon) seen some ugly calls before but there have been some GLARING bad calls this year (and last year playoffs if you count the Mauer "foul" ball... Is it the game is too fast now or is it the umpires get imbedded in the system and don't keep pushing to improve?

The system for umpires doesn't seem to address poor performance... We still see the same umps making bad calls game after game year after year...

Just because he has been an ump for 20 years doesn't mean he still can't blow calls. If a major league player blows plays he gets released or sent down, why not umpires?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...and in other news, Jim Joyce and Joe West were demoted to AAA umpiring while Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder were brought up to take their place..."

And you can add that wack-a-do from last night to the mix. Worst call I have EVER seen. Regardless of the non-impact it had on that game, it could have easily affected them tonight had Duensing not been so efficient with his pitches (i.e., he may not have been available for tonight).

THAT WAS HORRIBLE! Do umps get fined for blowing calls like that? I am sure Gardy will get fined for getting tossed. I am not saying you can't have an off moment, we all do, but come on!

And when are the Twins gonna thump in 10 runs for Pavano? Guy pitches his a-- off every game and never gets run support! Runs will be at a premium tonight against Price, that's for sure.

"...and in other news, Jim Joyce and Joe West were demoted to AAA umpiring while Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder were brought up to take their place..."

Could you please also send Alfonso Marquez

I guess he did pay us back last night wink

How about they move the Mauer down in the order. Way to many chances and nothing to show for it. Long fly balls do nothing for the club but make outs.

His nick name will NEVER be Clutch

Maybe the Kemp's kid or Milk and Cookies kid

Sorry about the rant but just a little PO'd at the so called horse's

I think they need a little wakeup call.

I agree about Mauer, move him down to #6, for now, til he gets hot again(he will). The problem is who has the proper skills for #3? .....I would try valentia, he is hitting liners, and they are falling in often.

Nice boot, Cuddyer. I think they were better off hiding him at 3B. His error on a catch any major league OF should make opens up a big inning for the Rays. Kudos to Gardenhire also for needlessly pulling Liriano, who was cruising, and enabling the Rays to catch up.

Re: Mauer

If you've actually watched the games, you know that Mauer has had a ridiculously high number of very hard-hit outs. Over the course of time, those will find gaps instead of gloves. He's swinging fine.

Nice boot, Cuddyer. I think they were better off hiding him at 3B. His error on a catch any major league OF should make opens up a big inning for the Rays. Kudos to Gardenhire also for needlessly pulling Liriano, who was cruising, and enabling the Rays to catch up.

Re: Mauer

If you've actually watched the games, you know that Mauer has had a ridiculously high number of very hard-hit outs. Over the course of time, those will find gaps instead of gloves. He's swinging fine.

arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh! thought I had gotten over this game then read the star trib article on the game. can't believe cuddy's boot was ruled a double instead of an error. getting about to the point where you got to wonder why he has to be in the lineup every stinking game. he's been all about making suggestions to gardy about playing himself in other spots to supposedly help the lineup out and maybe it's time he suggests to gardy that he replace ulger for a week or two at least against right handed pitching and see if that helps the team.

Hes the complete player

WOW!

Just to nit-pick a little Delmons never ever going to be a complete player. He's arguably the worst base runner/Fielder in MLB and while I'm hopeful its highly unlikely that will change anytime soon..

On a side note he sure is clutch even when he's been a bit off of late with the bat!

Go Delmon!

Just to nit-pick a little Delmons never ever going to be a complete player. He's arguably the worst base runner/Fielder in MLB and while I'm hopefull its highly unlikely that will change anytime soon..

On a side note he sure is clutch even when he's been a bit off of late with the bat!

Go Delmon!

Has Delmon ever summersaulted into 3rd base and went on the DL???? LOL

No...but his bonehead mantle is doing quite well in his short career to date as far `as base running and fielding blunders/bloopers go!...LMAO!

Oh and add one hit to Punto's Average thanks to Delmons pee-wee little league mistake on the hit to right field the other day! smile

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/98080689.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUqCP:iUiacyKUnciaec8O7EyUs

judging from the comments to sid's story, it looks like the posters at the tribune aren't too pleased with cuddy's performance either. one poster had some stats on cuddy. I didn't check to see if they were correct or not, but if those stats are correct, his couple big months that he had last season look like they were more or less a fluke.

sure hope he can turn it around the last half of the year and put up numbers similar to late last season. got a dinger last night so keep your fingers crossed.

I'm a lot more concerned with Mauers batting average being down 70 points then cuddys 15 points along with having less RBI's then Cuddy who we all know is struggling.

But yeah we get the Cuddy bashers frustration from last year and if Cuddy goes hitless the rest of the year we'll always have those special 2 months where....never mind... grin