• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cuddyer on a tear!

SledNeck

I bet Punto or Harris would, if they had more ABs.

actually one of my biggest complaints of Harris is that he doesnt swing enough. He takes too many pitches, falls behind, and strikes out looking all the time. Of course immediately followed by whining and crying to ump.

I would much rather have him strike out swinging, atleast I know he tried to hit it, rather than just standing there.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually one of my biggest complaints of Harris is that he doesnt swing enough. He takes too many pitches, falls behind, and strikes out looking all the time. Of course immediately followed by whining and crying to ump.

I would much rather have him strike out swinging, atleast I know he tried to hit it, rather than just standing there.

Couldn't agree more. Wasn't it sad when Puto was hurt how we wished he'd come back just so we wouldn't have to see so much of Harris?

getting back to cuddy, I think everyone would like to see his averages with runners on the bag be much higher. He seems to thrive with the bases empty and believe his averages are much lower with runners on. I think he'd be much better batting around 7th in the order rather than where he typically bats but the problem is the team has so few options for right handed batters that can bat in that 4 - 6 spots so he's probably the best guy to put there. Delmon has a much higher average with runners on base but who knows how he'd do batting if he and cuddy switched spots in the line up.

Young isn't asked to bunt, alot of bunting= alot of 0-2 counts.

Young is having a good year, but he needs to learn patience. Puckett used to rest the bat on his shoulders and take the first pitch, everytime. Young should try that, it worked for Kirby

About time he stepped up. Morneau had ANOTHER GREAT night.....somebody has to help him out, with Cuddy out a few games. Hard to believe how bad, some of the guys ,are hitting this year, so far......under 230? ouch. Even Joe is having a down year, for him. If you look at individual stats, you wouldn't think we would be leading the division.

Delmon has been on fire and deserves a pat on the back for starting to reach his potential. Every ball that came near him was hit hard this last trip. Most came off his bat, but you know your hot when you have line drives bouncing out of your glove and off your shin. laugh Absolutely a great throw to gun the guy out at home the other day. It would have been better if he caught the ball first though.

Delmon is starting to show what we hoped for when the trade was made and possibly even starting to become a little more professional at the plate. Still a little free with the swings but definately heading in a better direction. He goes inside out with his swing when he should whereas before he did that with everything. Heck, he even runs better. He used to run like he was trying not to break a potato chip stuck in his backside. Now he runs like the chip has already broke.

That said, if I have to win one game today and had to choose between Cuddy and Delmon, I am taking Cuddyer.

at this point in the 2010 season, think it's safe to say that delmon is basically the best rh bat on the team, especially if he comes to the plate with runners on base. his averages with runners on base or in scoring position are better than when the bases are empty. cuddy does much better with the bases empty and his stats with runners on base are not good at all. I don't think it will ever happen with gardy as mgr, but it's nearing the point where if kubel is going to play in the field against right handed pitching, there has to be consideration for rotating out cuddy instead of delmon because he's handling rh pitching very well so far too.

trading go go was probably the best thing that could have happened to delmon. the guy simply needed to get at bats to gain confidence and playing a couple times a week like he was being used the last couple of seasons didn't do him much good (other than maybe convincing him to get in better shape.)

hopefully after the break, cuddy will pick it up. don't want to hate on him because team needs a couple guys from the right side to get those important rbi's.

Quote:
You crack me up

If you suffered through the Michael Cuddy thread like Sled did last year you'd be tooting your horn also for Delmon who IMO opinion is the comeback player of the year hands down. I know he's not going to be up for that award but if you factor in all aspects of his game and attitude he's transformation is astonishing to this point. The trade was still a bust but at least Delmon is on the right track.

As far as clutch hitting Cuddyer settled that non-sense last fall and a select few "2" in here can't come to Grips with it which is sad!

I like to root for ALL our players unlike some in here!!!!

Go Cuddy/Delmon/Twins!

What did he do????? another error?????I don't have the game on.

I checked stats today, and saw some interesting things.....Even after Young's "hot streak" Cuddy leads him in OBP,SLUGGING,and BA. All are averages so it doesn't matter AB, or GAMES played. But the best one? Young's OBP is .316, compared to Punto's .298......very close. Should bat Young 9th, cause he can drive people in ....IF they pitch near the plate....and with top of the order coming up , they probably would.

time to move the DEL to the 5th slot

.279 7 35

.276 7 30

food for thought

What difference will it make? Those numbers look identical to me.

Maybe Delmon has a few more RBI because Cuddy is in front of him and moves runners into scoring position.

Numbers MAY look the same, but when you figure in Plate appearances/AB

PA AB HR RBI runners on base when batting

Delmon 198 179 7 35 156

Cuddy 246 221 7 30 212

**Cuddy has had a TON of opportunities to drive in runs... I'm not saying you bench him, but moving Delmon to the 5 and sending Cuddy down to 7 is a minor change that could pay BIG dividends. Remember we traded a #1 starter for this guy and his upside is supposed to be big... we might as well let him start becoming the star we think he should be. I like Cuddy, but right now he isn't getting it done and the numbers seem pretty obvious to me