• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crank up/down trailer fishouse

the big dipper

Question

I'm planning to weld up a smaller size (5'x10') crank up/down style fishouse after the Christmas rush settles down a bit.

Here's my idea: A boat type trailer where the wheels remain stationary. One winch in front(hand crank or electric) operates a mechanism similar to a pontoon trailer lift that allows the fishouse to be lowered down between the wheels, and inside the frame. I plan on making the fishouse so it is removable from the trailer so I can use the trailer in the summer for hauling a lawnmower or ATV. The floor would lower to the ground so that you could drive right on, and then crank it up and secure it in the up position with a couple of hitch pins or some similar system. (Approx. a 12" lift)

I know there are alot of home built trailer type houses out on the lakes, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen, or built a unit with this kind of lift/lower system.

Any feedback is welcome, Thanks Mark Edevold

3 answers to this question

i have had crank-up houses for 20 years, if the ice does stick to the frame just sit it down in the snow. you dont have to clear a spot for. once the foor gets warm the ice will fall off. or by april it will melt!!! wink.gif