• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Fish House Build

Lip_Ripper Guy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem to work good. I used a different brand in my last house that frosted up badly, but they were a little bit cheaper, and I had an un-vented heater. Hard to say if it is the Crestline windows, the forced air furnace, or a combination of both that make this better. No frost or condensation, up to -25ish last winter.

What kind of rubber do you use for a roof? I have an 8x12 wood fish house and there was some warping on the inner paneling last year. I was told to put a rubber roof on. Any pointers would help me out greatly. Thanks.

The save big money store has the rubber roofing. You will need that, glue, and the nailing strips.

Put the membrane on the roof, fold it in half and apply the glue with a paint roller onto the plywood. Flip the folded part onto the glue and do the same for the other side. Work out any air bubbles with a brush. Pull it tight and install nailing strips.

It's very easy to install.

What kind of rubber do you use for a roof? I have an 8x12 wood fish house and there was some warping on the inner paneling last year. I was told to put a rubber roof on. Any pointers would help me out greatly. Thanks.

The warpping of the panneling could be from lack of circulation in the house or sometimes most of the time the panneling is a cheaper brand and it will warp no matter what. putting a rubber roof on will not solve Circulation/moister problems and it may even make matters worse.

How is the roof on your house now? Does it leak? if the roof is good You might not want to waste your money on a a rubber roof but rather venting may all you need.

Hope this helps

Lip Ripper, what is the silver stuff in pic around your door

Framing ? Is that some kind of sealing tape or what ?

Also are you using 1 1/2 studs and 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 around doors,

Windows & corners ?

Do you nail or glue your windows in ? I was just thinking

that maybe the nail heads would be an issue when you put

the siding on is all .

I should be more specific , 2x2s which are 1 1/2" or are you

Ripping 2x4,s so you have actual 2" walls ? Then furring out

Around doors,windows ? Also do you just use 2x4's for your roof ?

and 3/8" ply under rubber ? Your houses look great I'm getting

Ready to start my next one I'm debating whether to buy

a trailer or build my own I have the shop tools etc. to do this

But I also know I cannot buy steel for the $ some of these

Shops get it for so time & materials I may be better off just

Buying that part . My only concern is that they All look tounge light

to me. What's your thought on that ?

It is window wrap which I wrapped the studs in, just in case some moisture would happen to work it's way in there.

Any reference to 2x2's are 2x4 ripped in half. Full 2x4's were installed in the corners, and around windows and doors.

Windows are screwed in.

2x4s for the roof, and 3/8" plywood.

I don't know that you'll be able to save any money by building your own frame. Possibly on a crank down, but on the hydraulic, there is a lot of "stuff" that needs to be made for everything to work. I don't have the desire or the time to try to save a few $ on the frame. There are too many places where 'stuff' can happen, creating a life-long nightmare.

I would recommend talking with your frame builder about your layout, expected final weight and materials, prior to ordering your frame. This will all come into play with your axle location.

My new frame will be an Ice Assault 8x20 tandem with 3' V. I have spent a bunch of time on the phone and visiting with Clint and he's been fantastic to work with. His finished houses are unbelievable! It sounds like I'll be ready to start mine sometime in May. Can't wait!

Do you use regular 3/4" thick t&g paneling or something

Thinner , lighter ? It sure does look nice but must get

Pretty heavy . I also see your thinking about a yetti .

Do you think the aluminum trailer will hold up ?