• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Fish House Build

Lip_Ripper Guy

Looks great. Have you used hydraulics in the winter before on a house. I like that idea. I would use ATF fluid in the tank though. It's thin enough that your hydraulics will still work even in the bitter cold. It also has cleaning agents so it won't rust due to condensation in the cylinders and tank when it's not in use.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great. Have you used hydraulics in the winter before on a house. I like that idea. I would use ATF fluid in the tank though. It's thin enough that your hydraulics will still work even in the bitter cold. It also has cleaning agents so it won't rust due to condensation in the cylinders and tank when it's not in use.

I haven't personally, but I know a fair number that have. I can't imagine doing it any other way for the few $ extra.

Yes, that is the house that is forsale. I remember whatching your build process on that one. http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2179365/8

Would be an awesome house for someone to pick up. A lot of competition at that price, but for a customized house with all the right products, you couldn't go wrong.

I hope that the company you had foam the house did the clean up and scraped the studs clean. I'm a foamer and any company that doesn't clean up there work after the job is complete is just plain lazy. (unless this was stated at time of sale and the price was reduced)

I hope that the company you had foam the house did the clean up and scraped the studs clean. I'm a foamer and any company that doesn't clean up there work after the job is complete is just plain lazy. (unless this was stated at time of sale and the price was reduced)

I got what I paid for, and I took the low bid...

The 2 days I spent cutting and grinding the overspray was not worth the $75 I saved. In fact, I would have paid many times that when it was over 100 degrees and I was wearing goggles and a dust mask, covered in insulation bits. My mistake was that I assumed everyone would have done the cleanup, and when you assume......

Great looking house!! I have a couple questions if you have time to answer.

1.) How did you attach your walls to the trailer?

2.) What type of wood did you use for the roof and is it sspray foamed to? 2x4's and 1/2" plywood?

3.) Did you use tongue and groove on the ceiling to?

Did you use 2 x 4s for the bunks?? I am about to build mine and am going to span 90 inches for my top bunk. Thought about using 2 x 3 frame with a 1/2" top and paneled bottom for the bunk to keep the weight down and 2 x 3s for the wall supports hoping not to have to use any chain or cables to help hold it up.

I'm at $11,000, and still have a few more receipts to add up. It'll end up right around $11,500 ready to hit the ice (figuring nothing for labor). Frame was about $3,400 including tax. The total sounds like a lot, but it includes:

Hydraulic frame w/brakes

All LED running lights

Smooth aluminum siding (no screws)

Diamond plate trim

Rubber roof

Entry door with window and screen door

2 windows

Spray foam floor, ceiling and walls

50 year warranty AdvanTech floor w/Herculiner coating

Professionally built cabinets & countertops

3 batteries & 3 bank 30 amp Minn Kota onboard charger

Tongue & groove interior

Forced air furnace

Stove

All LED interior lights (3-overhead & 6-hole lights)

Car stereo w/4 6x9s

Mattresses covered w/marine vinyl

Foam pads for the wheel wells w/camo covers, and a table on a removable pedestal base

Propane tank holder & dual auto-change-over regulator

Camo curtains (a must!)

I didn't really set a budget per say for this, but I had a rough estimate of around $9-10k. It is remarkable how quickly the little things add up to be $100here, $100there. I saved a ton of money by buying supplies online (would have spent another $1500-2000 buying locally). I really enjoy building fish houses...starting one for a friend right now, 8x14 + 3'v, and I'm going to build a 8x24 Taj Mahal for myself in spring. This one came together quickly in terms of labor hours, but there was a lot of advance planning and time spent looking for the best prices on materials.

With 3 batteries & 2 full propane tanks, I am at 3500#.

Thanks Lip_Ripper!

Had our first little fisherman this year. Trying to figure out how to explain to mama that this will be better...for him...to fish out of than my Frabill 3man sled portable. grin

Now all we need is ice!!

(but the boat isn't going away for another month)